Prologue

I am surrounded by darkness. My senses are flooded by this darkness. I can't see, nor hear. My body feels numb. Devin... Brandon... David... Lucas... Divinus Magia... they're all familiar... but also completely unfamiliar... 

I want to see them again...

See who again?

I miss my brother...

Who's my brother?

I wonder how Devins doing...

Do I know a Devin?

Why can't you just remember!?

Remember what?

I want to see them again!

See who?

See them!

Who-

I WANT TO SEE THEM!

. . . 

The darkness went silent again. The voice didn't speak. Soft crying reached my senses. Who's crying? I asked myself. I can't see anything. I want to help the person that's crying... but I can't see them...

I just want you to remember...

. . .

I just want to see them again...

. . .

I fell silent. I don't know what I'm suppose to remember. I don't know how to make the voice happy. I want to make the voice happy. The voice is sad... and it makes me sad.

I'm sorry I can't remember Mr. Voice...

. . .

Mr. Voice didn't respond. I don't think that helped Mr. Voice. 

Your not ready yet...

Mr. Voice told me. I didn't know what he meant. Ready for what? With those last thoughts in mind, everything was wiped.

———

I groan, feeling the burning sunlight hit my face. I slowly open my eyes, getting use to the blinding light. I sit up with a yawn. I stretch a bit before pulling the covers away. I swing my legs over the side of my bed. I look to my side to see my nightstand. Seems mother left me a note, I thought.

Dear Ritchie,

I had to leave early for work, I'm so very sorry. I've left you some breakfast in the fridge. I also took the liberty of sorting your medication and leaving it next to this note with some water! I promised that I'd take you to explore Atlandtide today, but I think you'll have to go with your uncle. Just go to Uncle Derick's house and give him a knock. 

-love mom

I finished reading the note and placed it back on the night stand. I pop the pills in my mouth and wash them down with the water. I grab my cloths and toss them on. Today I felt like wearing my favorite blue hoodie that faded to a darker blue into he bottom of the hoodie and sleeves. My favorite part were the lighting bolts that rose from the faded dark blue and were slightly invading the lighter blue. My magic isn't lightning magic, I just really like lightning and rain storms. I toss on some black, ripped jeans and my favorite yellow, white poke-a-dotted head band that mother bought me for my 7th birthday. I moved my dark blue hair, with a light blue streak, out of my eyes so I could actually see. 

I was now all set to set off to Uncle Derick's house. Mother promised to take me out of town to visit Atlandtide for my 9th birthday, but I guess if she's busy, so Uncle Derick can do. I start my march down the stairs. I grab a plate of pancakes out of the fridge. I quickly heat them up before completely devouring them. I wash the plate after myself and practically bolt out the front door. Today is gonna be the first day I set foot in Atlandtide!