🌺CHAPTER 33: Sibling Madness🌺

The academy was but a haunted house the night that Allison and Diego Hargreeves came lugging in their dying brother. Both of them were anxious, the feeling brought by numerous factors, all of them uniting to form one big monster in the pit of their stomachs. It was the looming dread that came with the thought of the impending apocalypse, along with their recent discovery of the true identity of one Leonard Peabody and his possibly dubious intentions with their family, most especially Vanya. Then there was the problem at hand, literally. Five continued to grunt with the slight movement, his amazing pain tolerance not enough to suppress the shrapnel that had found a home on his stomach.

All of these plaguing them and yet they still noticed how the young girl was completely distraught. Her eyes showed great pain as she followed them as they placed the boy's lanky frame onto the couch, a grunt escaping his lips once more as he laid down. "We should have taken him to the hospital." Allison argued, breathing heavily while shedding her coat and throwing it on a table nearby.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions." Five spoke up, his voice frail and the sound made Ellie's heart stop. Her anger completely subsiding from feeling how defeated he felt, despite being so hurt. She knelt down next to the couch, her hand landing on his face to brush his hair out of his eyes. His green orbs no longer visible as he succumbed to unconsciousness once more.

"He's still losing blood. What do we do?" Allison asked, looking at the pool of blood that now coated the cushions.

"We gotta get that shrapnel out first." Diego pointed out looking at the teens.

"Supplies from the infirmary if you please." Ellie said to them, not even turning around as she did so. Her siblings-in-law looking at each other before leaving to comply to her orders. The sound of their footsteps diminished after a few seconds, leaving Ellie to do nothing but to stare at a sleeping Five. He felt more at ease, even though the discomfort from the wound was still very much present, he wasn't stressed and that was definitely a good thing.

She looked at his face, observing his features as if she would forget his face. "Why do you have to be so damn stubborn my love? When will you realize that you should listen to me." She whispered, chuckling as a tear rolled down her cheek. She stoked his cheek for the minute that it took for Allison to come back with a tray of supplies, Grace and Diego behind her. The woman and her mother neared the pair of teens, placing the tray beside the girl, Grace even going ahead to administer the aid, only for Ellie to hold her hands.

"I can do it Ms. Grace..." She began, noticing the rough work on her arm, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked at Grace who kept a warm smile on her face. "You should rest. I'll be asking you to check his vitals later, if that's okay with you." The robot only nodded sitting beside Diego, the man looking worriedly at his mother.

The three adults watched on as the girl worked on the task before her. Her hand grabbing the syringe and stabbing Five with some of the morphine that Reginald had stashed away, before she began to tediously and expertly remove the shrapnel. Minutes passed and she had successfully patched him up. The white bandage she taped to him already soaked in the crimson liquid. She turned around to face the three adults, all of them flabbergasted by the sheer talent it took to do what she had just done.

"We should probably take him upstairs." She whispered, snapping the Hargreeves siblings out of their daze. Diego bent down to pick up his brother once again, climbing up the stairs and into the boy's childhood room. The three women followed him and once Five was settled onto the bed, Ellie pushed a chair next to him, Allison and Diego entering the room and standing just behind her. A comfortable silence settled in between them, the guards that they have learnt to build around them growing up, nowhere in sight. All of them savoring the feeling of safety even if it was as quick as a blink of an eye.