Chapter 7: Party At The Tower

Start from the beginning

"Is your friend coming?" Thor asked. "Or did Barton's threats put you off?"

Argh when I mentioned to the group I had asked my school friend Peter to come to the party I had mixed results; Tony was happy to have Peter at the party, Natasha teased me saying he was my boyfriend, Bruce had been off for a while like he seemed nervous all the time but I assumed it was because of the party, Clint went into big brother mode and got a tape measure and measured ten feet saying that was the closest he could get... Yet Peter and I sit next to each other in Math, English, physics, chemistry and Biology. Thor was happy that I would have a friend over and Steve was a bit unsure but Tony reassured him it was fine.

The elevator opened and there was quite a few people dotted around the place. Thor and I walked over to the bar where Natasha and a man were making drinks.

"Hey, what can I get you guys?" Natasha asked.

"Your finest beer," Thor cheered then he looked at me. "A beer?"

"How about a cola?" Natasha offered me. "You're underage!"

I pouted as Natasha handed me a glass coke bottle and Thor a glass of beer. I looked around the room, Tony was with his friend Rhodey sitting on the couches talking about past missions, Clint was chatting to Maria Hill as they played darts, Bruce was chatting to Steve who was stood next to a man I hadn't met before.

I hopped off the bar stool and walked over to the three men, Bruce looked at me and smiled. "Hey Seven!" Bruce greeted. "You look great!" 

"Hey, aw thanks Bruce," I greeted then I looked at the man next to Steve. "I'm Seven!"

"You don't look it," The man joked obviously referring to my name. "I'm Sam Wilson, you must be the little SHIELD Agent Steve talks about?"

I looked at Steve in shock. "You talk about me?" I asked.

Steve looked at Sam then back at me. "Er yeah about how well you're doing with training," He told me. "You're good."

Bruce nodded. "Of course she's just like you," He stated.

I looked at Bruce. "What?" I asked in confusion.

"Y- You're very dedicated to training!" Bruce said quickly. "And er... Strong."

Steve and I shared a looked. "Yes I suppose we are both dedicated to training," Steve said as he then looked to Bruce.

"Lucky!" Clint shouted then I looked over to the dart board. "Let me kick your ass!"

I went over to Clint as he sipped his beer leaning against the wall next to the dart board. As I walked I glanced back at Bruce who had now moved over to Tony, the two seemed to be exchanging words and acting very weird?

Clint passed me my three darts. "Do you think there's something up with the science bro's?" I asked the archer. "They've been acting weird, I mean Bruce has been acting really weird around me. Did I do something?"

"What, no, no!" Clint told me. "You're over thinking things. Come on first to five hundred on the board wins!"

"Don't cheat!" I told him,

As we played our game I couldn't help but look at Tony who was talking to Bruce; They kept looking over to me and talking which was making me rather paranoid, I wondered what they were talking about, it was times like this I wished I had super hearing.

After half an hour I gave up with our game of darts; Of course Clint was winning big time since his aim was perfect.

"SEVEN YOUR FRIEND IS HERE!" Thor boomed from across the room.