"What? Are you crazy?"

"He's the one who should be begging for his life."

"Let me make something clear," said Uvogin-nii. "We're after the auction merchandise that was stored underground. If you guys don't know where it is, I have no business with you."

That's true. There really is no point in having Uvogin-nii strapped to a table like that. If neither of them knows then it's a lose-lose situation.

"What?"

"Wait a moment. You didn't steal the merchandise?"

"The safe was empty when we arrived. The Shadow Beasts had already taken it all. I guess they didn't bother telling grunts like you."

"I don't think he's lying..." Melody said.

"Then he's serious?"

Dead serious. Well, not exactly dead but he's serious.

"When he offered to make a deal, he wasn't bluffing?"

Nah, Uvogin-nii doesn't make deals very often.

"Everyone makes mistakes. We haven't stolen anything yet. So take these off, and pretend you didn't see anything. If you do that, you get to live!"

I wish it were that easy.

"What about the guests?"

Chills went up to my spine. My En is still going wild at the mere presence of Kurapika. I can still feel the rage in the air.

"Guests?" Uvogin-nii repeated.

"The guests who were in the auction hall. Some of our colleagues were there."

Oh shit.

The sudden image of the woman and man flashed through my mind.

Shizu-nee and I took care of them. The woman with dark lavender-ish hair and the man on the phone. Thankfully, Blinky sucked up the knife lodged into her head too.

"I see," said Uvogin-nii. "That's too bad. We killed them. It was part of our plan-"

The sickening sound of skin meeting skin made shivers run up my back again. Kurapika may not be as big as Uvo but that Nen of his isn't something worth joking about.

"How many lives do you think you took to carry out that plan of yours?!"

Yes. Kurapika is a person not to be messed with.

"Stop, Kurapika! Stop it!"

"If the merchandise is in safe hands, we don't need him."

A small gasp escaped from my lips.

"We'll hand him over to the community."

"So no deal?" Uvo-nii, now is not the time to ask that.

______

So, he's planning on handing Uvo-nii over soon.

Humphing, I pulled away from the wall. Tugging out a knife, I twirled it in my hand.

Shalnark-nii could be the one who's controlling the person on the other end of the phone, though. They may be planning on busting Uvogin-nii out. Should I wait or barge in now?

"Damn," I muttered. "If only I had a phone...."

Nii-chan never did like it if I used technology. He said books are much better.

"I gave him three canisters of muscle relaxants," said Dalzollene, the leader.

"Understood."

"The Mafia will be here soon so I'll watch him until then, so get some rest, everyone."

Hmph. The Mafia will be here soon, eh? Well, that does it. Might as well get Uvo-nii out now than wait for a whole crowd and make things complicated for myself.

"Hehe. Don't worry, Uvo-nii. You'll be out of there soon."

______

"Oh? What are you doing so close to the door?"

I shrugged.

"Thought I'd keep an eye on it," I said. "Who knows, maybe someone would've snuck in while you were gone."

Hearing a small "ding", Dalzollene checked the computer at the small desk.

"They're here."

Shit.

Grasping the hilt of my knife, I watched Dalzollene open another door. My grip on my knife loosened.

Phinks? So I was right then.

I heard a gasp and liquid hitting the floor. I'm assuming one of the members had killed Dalzollene.

Entering the room, my suspensions were confirmed.

"Took you long enough," I said.

"Says the one who didn't do anything," Nobunaga retorted.

"Hey, I couldn't risk blowing my cover," I said, approaching them.

"Enough," said Phinks, pulling out a handkerchief. "I couldn't believe my ears when I heard you'd been kidnapped."

Uvo-nii scoffed with a grin.

"Blinky, time for work," Shizu-nee said.

Blinky appeared in Shizu-nee's hands and they went off to work.

"Okay. All done."

Creaking, the restraints holding Uvogin-nii down came apart allowing him to sit up. Taking in a deep breath, I immediately clasped my hands over my ears.

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!"

I released my ears with a small grimace.

"I'm gonna make that chain user pay!"

Breaking the door down, Uvogin stepped out.

"WHERE IS HE?!"

I grabbed the back of Phinks's suit.

"I can't go with you," I told him. "Not yet. I'll find a time to sneak out later. It'll be suspicious if I left with you now."

Phinks glanced over to Uvogin-nii before dragging me off to the side.

"Listen," said Phinks. "Your brother? He's not happy that you disappeared without a word. He's worried about you."

"Phinks-"

"Don't do anything stupid, got it, brat? Don't want him getting caught, do we?" I shook my head as a frantic "no".

"Thought so. We'll meet up at the base soon, got it?" I nodded.

"We're heading back," said Phinks to the group. "Y/n is staying behind."

"Ehh? Why?" Shalnark-nii asked.

"To prevent suspicion from arising," said Phinks. "The group knows she's not a threat, we can't have her ass getting caught too by letting her leave with us."

"NO!"

All eyes went to Uvogin-nii.

"Tell the boss...I won't back up until I settle up with that chain user."