Chapter 5 - The Grind

Start from the beginning

In other words, it meant I was strong enough to take on an adult monada despite only being 1 month old. I was almost the same size as the adults now that I was a month old and almost as fast as them. If I was to guess I'd probably be the equivalent of a human in their early teens. Which meant with almost twice the HP I was sure I'd be able to fiU8ght them fair and square.

So that was what I did. I found a slightly smaller individual and chased it. Speed-wise we were completely neck and neck but then it turned and decided it wouldn't try to run away and would instead take me on. It was hard to take seriously such a fluffy cute creature waddling towards me with an angry expression.

I waddled towards it too and when we got close I bit it right on the side where the arm would be if we had arms. It also got me but its bite wasn't anywhere near as deep as mine my skin and flesh were just stronger than its flesh. I came back and kicked it over. We both toppled over. But I pushed myself along my belly towards it as it was trying to flip itself back up. I bit off a toe and then another then the final of the 3 main toes. It wouldn't be able to use that foot again.

It got up and kicked me copying me but since I was already on the ground and its foot was damaged it fell back over. I continued until its legs had nothing but bone left. I finally got to its side and killed it for good.

"YOU HAVE GAINED 10XP FROM KILLING A YOUNG MALE MONADA"

I had suffered some bad damage from the fall and the couple of times it had bitten me but I knew it would heal. Any injuries I had would always heal up completely after 48 hours. Much slower than in an actual game but compared to the natural healing process it was extremely fast.

I killed and ate another monada that day and then rested for 2 gaining more XP from the spores I had sent off 10 days prior.

I only used my spores on rats as they gave the most XP and I didn't stand a chance against them in actual combat. They were very hard to topple over and they were much much faster than me.

"Who would win between me and a rat?"

"YOU HOWEVER WHEN THE RAT NOTICED IT IS GOING IT LOSE IT WILL FLEE. IT CAN RUN AT 5.56 TIMES THE SPEED YOU CAN. "

"Who would win between me and a slime?"

"YOU ARE ROUGHLY EVENLY MATCHED, HOWEVER WHEN THE SLIME REALISES IT HAS LOST IT WILL FLEE. IT CAN RUN AT 1.46 TIMES THE SPEED YOU CAN"

"Who would win between me and a cave shroom?"

"YOU CAN NOT KILL A CAVE SHROOM. YOU WILL DIE FROM POISON BEFORE YOU CAN DESTROY IT. IT ONLY HAS ONE ACTIVE ATTACK...YOU ARE IMMUNE."

So in other words I was still only capable of defeating my own kind. The weakest of the weak.

"CONGRATULATIONS...YOU HAVE USED THE GUIDE ENOUGH FOR AN UPGRADE. YOUR GUIDE CAN NOW ANSWER MORE GENERAL QUESTIONS AND VIEW THE STATS OF ANY INDIVIDUAL"

I was overjoyed. Would the guide actually be useful!? Well, it was useful anyway but nowhere near as useful as it could have been.

"How are you?"

"IRRELEVANT"

"Welp it was worth a try" I thought to myself.

"What are the stats of a slime"

"A SLIME HAS A STAT TOTAL OF 15. WITH AN HP LEVEL OF 5... A STRENGTH LEVEL OF 5 AND A SPEED LEVEL OF 5 ALONG WITH A MAGIC POWER LEVEL OF 0"

"What is my stats total?"

"YOU HAVE A STAT TOTAL OF 12... WITH SN HP LEVEL OF 9...A STRENGTH LEVEL OF 1...A SPEED LEVEL OF 1 AND A MAGIC STRENGTH LEVEL OF 1"

"How strong is average for a monster?"