five

My heart pounds in my ribcage as the adrenaline disperses throughout my body and causes my nimble fingers to jitter.

There are many similarities and messy cross-overs concerning nerves and excitement.

Too many.

It can be difficult to differentiate between them.

Especially now. Especially in this situation. As my eyes remain fixed on my father and the scene unfolding right before me.

Perhaps if the airport hadn't been evacuated, and if it were still bustling with hurried business owners and important people who I'd expect to work in an office and complain about the weather while talking to their colleagues and clients over an ear piece, as well as families dashing to their correct gate as they jostle throughout the crowds in order to catch their flights in time, then I wouldn't be so nervous. I'd have something to focus on; the chatter and chimes of the airport PA system flooding into my ears.

I struggle to read my father's lips as Peter furiously whispers and reminds me of the plan, for what I assume is the fifteenth time since we left the hotel.

"So, when Mr Stark calls me over, you're going to stay here until the fight inevitably starts, don't come out any earlier because your dad will see you and you'll get in so much trouble-" he stumbles over his words as he anxiously paces beside me.

"Peter, I get it," I cut him off, "you've already told me."

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous and when I get nervous I can't stop talking. It's sort of like a natural reflex, you know? And considering it's as if my senses have been dialled up to eleven, I kind of feel everything a little stronger now-"

I shoot him a sharp glare, causing him to immediately snap his mouth shut. He fiddles with the camera in his hands as I roll my eyes. Of course, only Peter Parker would think of documenting his first fight with the Avengers.

I struggle to make out Natasha's guilty yet forgiving whisper. I know how badly the constant arguing between Steve and Tony has effected her. They've always been at each others' throats and the relentless bickering would never tire... but this is different. This is serious. It isn't just petty disagreements and my father's ego getting under Steve's skin; it's regarding the law- the future of Earth's greatest heroes.

Nat and Steve have always been extremely close, not the type of affectionate intimate feelings I had always picked up on concerning her and Bruce, but regardless, they were two peas. So, for Natasha to put her friendship with Steve at stake, it makes the severity of the situation seem all the more intense.

Nat never seems shaken or distressed by anything.

But she seems as though she might be crumbling.

Maybe she's reached her breaking point.

"Okay, there's Captain America and Iron Man and Black Widow... who's that new guy?" Peter whispers into the camera, causing Nat's painful mumble to become inaudible. Annoyance sets off through my body and I clench my jaw to restrain the irritation as Peter points the camera in my face, "Here's another new guy- well- new girl. This is Bonnie Stark, her superhero name is... well, she doesn't have a name yet, but she's-"

My father's voice drowns over Peter's nervous and excited murmur.

"Peter, it's your cue. Go," I whisper furiously before he settles the camera in a stable position to catch all of the action indefinitely.

"That's me. I gotta go," he crouches in front of the lens, his body practically vibrating from anticipation, before he turns to me with his voice wavering, "and remember; don't come in yet."