Chapter 1

"Ardnola wake up or you are going to be late!", my mother shouted from downstairs. I groaned, getting out of my bed, and heading for the shower. After showering I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a hoodie, quickly putting my shoes on, and running downstairs for breakfast, only to bump into my mom.

"Good morning sweetie, breakfast is ready. Go eat and then we will leave for your flight.", My mom said to me. I can't believe today's the day I'm leaving for university; it is definitely going to be interesting considering I've never been anywhere else in my life.

"Morning Alex, sleep well?", I asked my brother "Morning Arddie, slept good thanks." Alex replied. "Nervous?", he asked me, "Very.", I responded, both of us laughing after a minute of awkward silence. Alex, my mom, and I jumped in the car after breakfast and headed for the airport, singing to the radio, and laughing together.

"Remember to call as soon as you have landed and headed to the campus. Be careful, work hard and have fun!", my mom said with glossy eyes. "I love you so much, you're going to love it!", my mom replied through tears. Turning to my brother, giving him a small smile, I nudged his shoulder "I'm going to miss you Goober." I said to him with an amused smile knowing he doesn't like th e name Goober. He embraced me into a tight hug," I'm going to miss you too Arddie." He muffled, while I hugged him back.

Giving my mother and brother one last goodbye, walking through the terminal making my way to the entrance of the plane. After handing my ticket in at the boarding pass, I went to my seat.

The plane took off, once in the air I put my earphones in and got lost in my thoughts falling asleep sometime through the flight. I felt a tap on my shoulder waking me up, "Excuse me ma'am, we are landing in ten minutes.", the flight attendant informed me. Buckling my seatbelt, I got my belongings that I had with me ready for when we depart from plane.

Stepping out of the airport with my luggage I greeted the warm Californian sun, waving at a taxi giving him the address to the university I was staying at. Stepping out of the taxi I stepped in Stanford University's campus; wow, I can't believe I was actually in California! Let the journey begin!