Chapter three - The tour

Me and Sarah were walking down the hallway back from the offices, on our way to the trailers outside the studio 3 building. I was trying not to let on to Sarah that I was freaking out underneath my calm facade of an expression.

She looked incredible. So put together, even in a pair of jeans, knitted black jumper and golden brown ankle boots. Simple, but she made it look sexy as anything I'll tell you. Her dark brown hair, cut just beneath her chin level was effortlessly glamorous as she tousled it over the centre parting with her hand. Wow. She was everything.

Sarah snapped me back into reality by looking me up and down and asking, "How old are you?"

I gasped theatrically, "You never ask a lady her age!"

Sarah laughed and played along, "Oh I'm terribly sorry m'am."

"M'am? Who you calling m'am I'm only 26?!" I joked in response.

"Ahhh so you're 26? You're young for most people in your profession, and such a high calibrer too I hear," she said.

I smiled lightly,"Yeah, a lot of people told me it was gonna be an unforgiving career considering how brutal the film industry is and given that there still aren't too many women taken seriously in this industry," I began.

Oh my god I have to stop getting deep into my own career stuff, I wanna get to know hEr.

"Yes I know, it's still so difficult when it comes to women getting the same kind of respect as men do, It's sad really," she agreed.

We smiled half heartedly at each other as we walked outside into the sun by the trailers. I could tell the topic of conversation was kind of bringing to mood down a tad.

"So are you hungry? The buffet tent is up and running already if you wanted to eat," Sarah asked, gazing at me.

"Erm, you know I'm not really too hungry to be honest, I was wondering if you could show me where I'm staying?" I asked her instead.

"Oh sure, Ryan set you up with your own trailer right?" Sarah seemed interested.

"Well no actually, my apartment isn't too far from here so I can commute, but I realised it might be easier for me to stay here close to set to save me the cab money every day" I explained to her," although by the time I'd realised, the number of trailers had already been booked so there wasn't enough for me too. Ryan said there was some sort of multipurpose tent behind studio 2 I could use?"

Sarah had been looking at me like she was distracted. "Sorry what was that sweetheart?" she suddenly looked confused.

She hadn't heard anything I'd just said, alas I didn't care, she was Sarah Paulson. "I was just saying that Ryan told me to use the multipurpose tent as there weren't enough trailers."

"Oh no trust me you do nOt wanna stay in there. Between you and me, some dodgy stuff goes on in there," she looked genuinely disgusted at the thought.

Okay then. "So where should i-"

"Stay in my trailer! I've got plenty of room, we can take turns sleeping on the sofa" she proposed.

What. Erm. No way was I gonna say yes to that. Staying in a small confined space with the woman I found most attractive in the world could not end well. Even so I found myself saying-

"Yes! That'd be great"

Shit.

"Brilliant, follow me then" she sounded pleased, genuinely excited.

I trailed behind her in a state of shock. Why would she be so quick to let me stay with her? She genuinely seemed desperate to spend time with me? Wait was I making this up?

"So this is my trailer, and yours too now I suppose," she swivelled round on her heels as she stopped by the steps leading to the door.

I stopped too and smiled politely at her," You know you really don't have to offer that I stay with you, it's gonna be a long few months and I don't wanna invade your space, or your privacy for that matter."

Sarah stepped in front of me. A little close if you ask me. Not that I was at all complaining. She grabbed my shoulders lighting with her delicate, slender hands. "You need to take a breath, I can't tell you're nervous still. There's no need to be. We're all friends here." she realised me from her grip but maintained eye contact with me. The prolonged eye contact was intense. Sexually.

I'm sure I was romanticising this.

She turned her back to me and hopped up the steps to her trailer door, before opening it and gesturing me inside.