Chapter 1 I Moving

Dakota Miller POV:

"Finally," I mutter as I see the new roster. Finally after 3 years I was officially the new captain. Our previous captain my brother Ace went off to play college for our dad in Florida leaving me to be the new captain.

Growing up Ace and I were close since our dad was busy coaching at college. He was the ideal brother until he went to high school. He started being the 'cool' football player who couldn't hang out with his little sister anymore as he puts it. 

So when he moved away for college it didn't really affect mom or me since we were used to it just being us. So once he was gone it still felt the same maybe a little lonely but nothing we couldn't handle.

As I walked away from the roster to go sit with my friends at lunch my phone started buzzing. 

Mom ❤️ 

Mom: Hey honey how would you feel about moving to Florida and living with dad? 

Me: uhhh why ?

Mom: I got a promotion but it's for Florida and so if I take it we would move in with dad.

Me: Congrats mom ! Can we talk about it later?

Mom: Yea love you honey 💕 

— ... — 🎀 — ... —

Later that week we had made the decision it was best if we moved to Florida. While it was my senior season we agreed there would be good opportunities being in Florida at a higher level school. Later that week we sold the house and began packing everything we own. 

We finished filling the final boxes we threw them in the moving truck sending the company off as we did our last walk through of the house. As much as I will miss this house the change of scenery would be nice. Nonetheless we were excited to see the beach it would be a nice change from the mountains and trees around us. 

As the moving truck pulled away mom and I got into my car. We through our little things in the back seat as we got comfy. As my mom flipped through magazines and changed the radio station I drove as we drove out of our town for the last time for a while.

— ... — 🎀 — ... —

As we finally arrived in the beach town we looked around in awe. The gorgeous beach and little shops and boutiques made it immediately likable. We turned down a residential street filled with perfect houses. They all had perfect yards that looked straight out of a movie. We finally turned into my dads house. It was a beautiful brown house with flowers filling the yard and little rock details. 

"It's so perfect," I say as I turn the car off turning to my mom

"I know, he said it was nice but you know your dad I didn't expect this nice," you says with a grin as she got out of the car stretching her legs. 

I had opened to door to an empty house I didn't expect any different my dad was working on training my brother for his first year of college. So my mom and I walked in to a fairly unfurnished house. No pictures, wall decor, or anything it looked empty besides for the TV and couch. 

"I thought the outside was gorgeous but the inside is even more," my mom said as she walked through each room. 

"I know it's like a dream," I say walking into my soon to be room. 

"Dad should be home around 7 and, I'll see if he'll bring Ace as a welcome to Florida dinner," she said picking her phone up. 

"Okay that would be nice, do they even have food in this bare house though?" I said making my way to the huge kitchen. When I opened the fridge it was filled with beer, soda, cheese, some old vegetables, and what I think was leftovers. The freezer wasn't much better only having ice cream and freezer dinners. 

"If we want to have dinner we will need to go shopping because his kitchen is empty," I shouted up the stairs. 

"Okay later we have to do a little unpacking," she says down to me. 

— ... — 🎀 — ... —

After dinner with the family I finally went up to my room to finally unpack a little bit. I began putting some clothes in my closet along with little knickknacks that was wrapped in random boxes. I pulled my sheets out of my boxes and made my bed with pillows and blankets. I turned the TV on that was in my room and flipped in some Gilmore Girls. (team jess😍) 

Once I was done I had taken a shower and climbed into my bed wrapping up in my covers. Maybe the move wasn't so bad after all. I mean the house is great and the area, hopefully the school and people are just as good. Before I fell asleep I turned my alarm on and prayed for a good first day. 

Authors Notes:

Hello, I am K, I am writing this book, because I love writing it is my first story so I am sorry if there are parts that aren't that good I am trying my best. Please vote and comment,  on things I could fix or add, or anything like that. I am making each chapter 1000 words not counting the Authors Notes. I will try to post one everyday, maybe twice a day on a good day, things might come up to where I can't so I am sorry if that happens. I will add pictures, but if you think it doesn't represent the character, some times that happens with me so just disregard it. I am trying my best my friend is always saying to write and show people so I am getting out of my comfort zone.  I am trying to make no grammar mistakes, but if there are a few I am sorry I am trying to get rid of them as I can. Thank you so much for reading the Authors Notes, hope you day is going well! :) Also you look really nice today and everyday, you are wonderful who cares what others think. Love you just the way you are. :) Positive Quote for You. (Sorry if the pictures are grainy)

Update: hi pookies I am rewriting this book because I cringe even thinking about it so if you start reading and it says editing it probably won't make sense to you right now! So just a heads up I am clearing them pretty quickly so I should be done within a few days. Thank you so much for all your support love you all😘