Chapter 2

Dingding's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes to realize that it was already morning. I let out a groan as I turned my head to the side and saw Ruwei asleep in a chair next to me. My movements caused him to open his eyes. He gave me a warm smile as I sat up on the couch.

"Ruwei, thanks for letting me crash here last night, but I have to get going. I have another concert to prepare for with Bill." I said as I grabbed my phone and got off the couch.

"You have another concert with him? How many more do you have with him?" He asked as I grabbed my coat and began heading towards the door, "Well, we're touring around Beijing and in a couple of months we're going to be going to other parts of China."

I saw him sigh, which just confused me. He only met Bill once and he already doesn't like him? What did Bill do wrong? I just shook my head slightly and headed out the door.

As I was heading to my car, I saw him running up to me. "I'm going to come with you." He said with a small smirk almost. "You're coming with me? Aren't you supposed to be training in the hospital?" I asked as I got into my car, before I could say anything else, he opened the passenger's side door and jumped in.

"Well, yes, but I want to support my wife at her concert." I looked at him crazy, "Ruwei, I agreed to marry you but you also agreed that if I agreed to marry you, you would agree for us to live our separate lives, but it's only been a day and you've been following me around like crazy. Plus, without enough training, you can't get certified to become a surgeon." I said.

"Dingding, it is my dream to become a surgeon, but if I had to choose between being a surgeon and you, I wouldn't even hesitate to choose you." He said sincerely, so sincerely that it frightened me. What is wrong with him today?

I started my car and began driving towards the hospital. Ruwei thinks that I'm heading to the arena, so he ended up falling asleep. I know he likes me and all, but I don't have any room in my schedule to fall in love. Love requires too much and my career means more than everything to me.

Once we arrived in front of the hospital, I gave him a pat. He opened his eyes and looked around, "Dingding, why are we here?" He asked as I unbuckled his seatbelt. "We're here because a man needs his career, now get out of my car, I'm already running late," I said as I unlocked the door.

He just crossed his arms in front of his chest and sat there, "Ruwei, I need to go to the arena!" I said in a bit more annoyed tone. "Then let's go to the arena." He said as I gave him the death glare. I unbuckled my seatbelt and exited the car.

I walked over to his side and opened the car door, grabbing his jacket and pulling him out of my car. While he was tumbling, I quickly ran to the driver's side and stepped on the gas pedal. I laughed to myself quietly when I saw him getting all worried, but no matter how good of a runner he is, he can't beat four wheels.

After a little while, I arrived at the arena. "Dingding, where have you been? You're ten minutes late!!" Liam snapped as he grabbed my arm and began dragging me into the arena.

"Sorry, I woke up late." I mumbled as I went into my dressing room and changed into the dress that I would be performing in later tonight. Once I finished changing, I went to get my hair and makeup done. "Wow, Dingding, I have to say that it is quite the honor to be performing with such a beautiful woman," Bill said as we got ready to go on stage.

I blushed a little as I was handed a microphone, "You're too sweet, Bill. After this concert, we have two more performances in Beijing and then it's time for the China tour!" I said excitedly. The stage director gave us a nod, indicating that it was time to go onstage.