Chapter 16

1.2k views! :DD

Hyacinthus was prepared to say the "Apollo, it's not what you think-" line that he had been secretly practicing inside his head, but he found his lover's eyes fixated on Cyparrissus.  

"Um..." Hyacinthus said. 

"You're wet." Apollo said, snapping out of his daze. "Who's this?" He said as he helped Hyacinthus up.

Hyacinthus wasn't normally a violent person, but he wanted Cyparrissus to fall in that pool again. "My ch- friend, Cyparrissus,

"Hyacinthus, who is this?" Cyparrissus said, getting up himself after he declined Apollo's hand. Hyacinthus was narrowing down on that hand at this moment. 

"Apollo." He said pointedly.

Cyparrissus fell into the pool again. 

"The Apollo?" Cyparrissus said, getting up after ignoring Apollo's hand again. "Like, sun god Apollo?"

"Who would the audacity to imitate my name?" Apollo snorted, his golden laurels reflecting off the sun light.

"Then who's driving the sun chariot-"

"It's on auto pilot, it'll be fine." Apollo reassured the two men. 

"My lord Apollo," Cyparrissus did the apporiate grovelling and bowing. "I'm not trying to be rude, but what are you doing with Hyacinthus?"

"He's my lo-" Hyacinthus butted in-

"He's my friend." Apollo cut in. Apparently he didn't appreciate how Hyacinthus's eye was twitching. 

Friend? Says the guy who literally proclaimed his undying love. Hyacinthus thought bitterly in his head, but he plastered a smile on his face. "Yup, friend."

"Weren't you saying something else?"

"Of course not!" 

"Anyway, we should go get changed-"

"Oh, sorry, didn't notice." Apollo said, snapping his fingers, making a crisp sound. Hyacinthus felt warm air flowing through his clothes, giving him a nostalgic feeling of Zephyrus. The god has slipped a pearl in his pocket, did he not?

"Oh. Okay." Cyparrissus said stiffly. "Well, um, I brought wine?"

"Wonderful, let's taste it!" Apollo said. 

"Uh- um, okay." Cyparrissus said. "Come on, Hyacinthus, lead us to your, um, drinking room-" 

Hyacinthus wanted to throttle them both, but he restrained himself and brought them to a separate part of his room. On the floor was a low stone table with an elaborate cloth placed upon it, draping down on the sides. It was embroidered with gold and red thread, matching the purple fabric. 

"This is cute," Apollo said, leaning over Hyacinthus's shoulder. "Why haven't you showed me this before?

"Because you never asked." Hyacinthus said sweetly. 

"You upgraded this," Cyparrissus said, instinctively opening the cupboard like he had been here a thousand times . Well,he had been here a thousand times so Hyacinthus couldn't argue. 

After pulling a bottle out of his bag which Hyacinthus had neglected to notice, Cyparrissus gracefully poured the wine into three cups. The aroma of freshly crushed grapes with the hint of cranberry, honey, and lime mixed into the liquid.

"How many years has it been aged?" Apollo asked.

"About five." Cyparrissus answered.

Hyacinthus admitted that the wine tasted better than anything he had tasted. And he was the prince of Sparta. He could feel the grapes in his mouth, the sour lime giving a shiver through his body.

Now, keep in mind.

Hyacinthus was no slouch in the drinking department, but while drinking with Cyparrissus, whose whole family was based on drinking, and Apollo, who was literally incapable of becoming drunk, he was a baby compared to those two.

Cyparrissus and Apollo had bonded over the unique taste of wine, carefully ignoring Dioynous. Hyacinthus had sat there, eyes narrowing, lip jutting out, holding a cup in his hands.

What the heck was going on? Wasn't Apollo his boyfriend? 

After the tenth shot, he slammed his cup down, missing the table and sending the unfortunate glass cracking on the pavement. "Look here, mister-" Hyacinthus said, eyes holding some disgust in them. "that's my boyfriend you're talking with."

"W-What?" Cyparrissus said, mouth frozen in a smile, looking a bit confused.

"Hyacinthus-" Apollo said.

"And you!" Hyacinthus blurted out. "Are you going to deny your undying love to him too? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Zephyrus was totally right, like, you'd away me throw-"

"What is he saying-"

"Do you know frustrated I felt when you two were just-" Hyacinthus continued to berate the two with verbal abuse, thrusting his hands up in the air to elaborate.

"Yet-" He said.

"Give us a second." Apollo scooped Hyacinthus up like a bag of flour, plopping him on his shoulder.

"Oi!" He pounded his fists into the god's shoulder blades. "That's not nice!"

Once they were safely in the in Hyacinthus's nearly repaired room, Apollo said something. "What were you doing?"

"I'm being honest," Hyacinthus said bitterly, his eyebrow trying to escape his hairline. "you know, I feel very uncomfortable when you literally look at Cyparrissus instead of me, that gave me major vibes, man!"

Man? Apollo was concerned.

"Hyacinthus-"

"You said-" He was about to say "you said you loved me" but realized neither of them had let the words fall off their tongue. Hyacinthus quieted down, sitting on his bed. 

"You're worried I'll leave you?" Apollo said gently, going to sit beside Hyacinthus. You see, this little man had bursts of anger, but then he quieted down right after.

"Yeah."

Apollo's hand reached through the darkness to entangle his finger's with Hyacinthus's. "Never."Hyacinthus looked over, his purple eyes soft and calm in the moonlight, getting closer to Apollo's- 

Cyparrissus wanted to check out what they were doing, but he had an inkling that he shouldn't open that door.