Chapter 9

Months went by with no contact from the other 3, but also no signs that they were dead.

It was Christmas Eve,the Weasley household was full to the brim with merriment and glad tidings, it was as if nothing else in the world mattered because it was Christmas.
Bill and Fleur had come to join us for the next few days and Ginny had come home for the holidays making a grand total of 10 people in the house, much more than I was used to and yet Molly referred to it as a 'small Christmas'.
There was a thin layer of snow outside and I was sitting in the lounge of the burrow in front of the fire with George. Drinks were flowing just as the conversation was, the atmosphere was bliss. The smell of hot mulled wine and mince pies filled the house and Mr Weasley had put on some music. Shortly afterwards George got up and pulled me up off the couch to dance and soon enough everyone had joined in the dancing.
The night was perfect, but soon it was time to sleep.

--
The smell of Turkey woke me up in the morning making me feel immediately happy, as if I was a small child again. I rolled over and kissed George's cheek.

"Georgie? Georgie?" I said quietly
"Yes?" he said rolling to face me
"It's Christmas Georgie!" I grinned
"It's Christmas" he said back grinning too "lets go wake everyone up!"

George leapt out of bed, grabbing two elf hats off his counter and tossing one to me. We each put one on and George ran round to my side of the bed and picked me up so he was giving me a piggy back. We burst through the bedroom door into the hall.

"It's Christmas!" George shouted, we ran to FFred's room and walked in.

"Freddy? Freddy!"I said
"Fauna, Georgie?" he answered
"It's christmas!" Me and George squealed and pull him out of bed, he too put on his elf hat and joined us on our Christmas rampage around the house.

We ran down the stairs, me still on George's back and knocked on Ginny's bedroom door, before all 3 of us walked in.

"Guys" she said, already wearing her elf hat "IT'S CHRISTMAS!"
We all cheered and ran downstairs to see Molly and Arthur cooking, Fleur and Tonks making tea and Remus and Bill laying separating the presents into piles

"Merry Christmas!" we all shouted when we got downstairs, George walked us both into the kitchen to say merry Christmas to his mother properly.

"Merry Christmas mum" George said
"Merry Christmas Molly" I chimed

Each of us giving her a kiss on the cheek. George then put me down so I could wish merry Christmas to Tonks.

"Merry Christmas Nymph" I said, we awkwardly attempted a hug, it was string harder to do so because of the size of her ever growing baby bump.
It was surprising to other who saw her but she kept it quiet for so long, only me and Remus knew. By the time she told everyone else, around the same time as the night Harry moved to the Burrow, she was already 3 months gone.

"God that bump is getting big" I laughed

"Yeah, only 3 months to go!" she said excitedly "Then little Teddy will be here!"

"It's all very exciting" Remus said walking into the room. He put one arm around Tonks and the other on her bump. "Next Christmas there will be a little one in the Lupin family to join for christmas at the Weasley house"

"Well, it's a good thing I over buy then isn't it!" Molly laughed and Remus smiled at her.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart" Remus said to me, letting go of Tonks to give me a hug.

"Merry Christmas" I beamed.

"Right!"Said Molly loudly "Christmas dinner is all busy cooking away, I say it's time for some presents!"

"Too right!" Fred said excited "Lets go!"

"Anyone would think that I'm the older one" Ginny muttered, making me laugh as we walked back through the house into the living room.

We all sat by our piles of presents, opening them one by one, I started off with the one from the Weasley parents, a long light blue knitted cardigan with 'FB' knitted into it on the left side.

"Oh it's lovely thankyou!" I smiled and put it on.

Next was the present from Bill, Fleur, Fred and Ginny. A new Quiditch jersey, in a dark blue, just like the one I used to wear at Hogwarts, the same number on the back.
"Guys, it's perfect thank you!" I said beaming, it's was gorgeous.

Next we're the presents from Remus and Tonks, a few small bits, chocolate frogs, new shoes, clothes, but my main present was incredible. A Firebolt 2 broomstick.
"Oh my god..." I gasped as I tore off all the wrapping paper. "This is incredible!" I squealed "Thank you so so much!" I got up to give them both massive hugs.

Then finally my present from George.
It was a fairly small flat box. I carefully tore off the paper, opened it up and immediately gasped, putting my hand to my mouth.

"What is it?" Ginny asked.

Inside the box was a silver necklace with a pendant. The pendant was a Raven on one side and a Lion on the other with a jewelled heart in the middle, half sapphire, half Ruby.

I lifted it out of the box to show everyone.
There was a collection of "oh wow's" and "isn't that lovely".

"Georgie it's beautiful!" I said turning to the George.

"Let me put it on you" he said smiling.
He took it out of my hand and put it on for me. "you like it?"

"I love it! Thank you" I said kissing him.

I watched as everyone else opened their presents then it got to everyone opening what I got them.

I bought Molly a new set of pink knitting needles along with a new sewing set and Arthur a new brief case for work.
For Fleur and Bill I bought new cushions for their new house, I'd previously heard Fleur complaining that it was too plain in their home.
Fred got a new jokey hat to wear around the shop a long with a whole load of leather bound notebooks for new invention ideas.
I bought Ginny a snitch shaped locket with a photo of her and Harry inside.
For George I bought a new pocket watch, Silver with 'George Weasley' inscribed on the front and 'With Love, Fauna' on the back.

"Fauna it's lovely thankyou so much!" George said before giving me a kiss.

Finally it was time to give my present to Tonks and Remus.
"Georgie can you help me bring it in?" I asked politely.

We got up and walked to the back of the kitchen to retrieve the present, walking back into the kitchen with it.

"Tah dah!" I exclaimed as I set it down by one of the sofas.

It was an oak crib, filled with tonnes of necessities for when the baby comes.

"Oh fauna!" Tonks gasped "this crib is beautiful! and all of this stuff!"

"Thankyou sweetie, thankyou so much!" Remus pulled me into a right hug

"Well, you've both looked after me for the last two years and now I thought it's about time I start helping to look after you and Teddy" I smiled

"Oh it really is lovely isn't it!" Molly said, getting up to look at the crib.

"Oh it's perfect!" Tonks said, also giving me a hug. "its perfect!"

"Something smells good!" Arthur said

"I'd say it's about time for dinner wouldn't you?" bill said to his father

"I'd say so!" Fred added

"Alright, alright!" Molly said "Dinner time!"

Everyone rushed to the kitchen except me and George. "I'm so happy they liked it!" I said, smiling

"I told you they'd love it" he said "by the way, I have another present for you later"

"Oh really?" I said taking his hands in mine.

"Yeah really" he smirked.

"Can't wait" I smiled back, giving him a quick but passionate kiss in front of the fire before joining the others for dinner in the kitchen.