Her eyes were too intense and his heart picked up the pace. He did not understand how it was possible for someone to affect him this much and he could not explain it. Before he lost control of his emotions,

"Adhu elam onum illa. Enaku thookam varudhu. Naan ulla porean. Neum poi paddu" and left the place.

It has been more than 2 weeks and it was getting harder and harder to avoid Mullai. She was persistent to make him talk and even called him couple of times over his phone while he was in shop. He was not sure how long he could stay away from her. It was getting harder day by day and his feelings were still fresh. Desire mixed with deprivation were the sensations that has been running through his blood.

On the other hand, Mullai was in verge of breaking Kathir's head in fury. He has been avoiding her and she had no clue why. They were all fine and suddenly he started distancing himself with no explanation. It was as if the old rude Kathir was back who hated her presence. Whenever she tried to approach him, he cited some excuse to stay away from her. She was tired of secrets and lies; she could not understand why he would not just tell her.

One afternoon he came home to drop rice sack for home and was quickly retreated before Mullai could see him. When he was about to start the vehicle, his heart skipped a beat seeing Mullai standing in front of the bike with determination.

"Enaku Library poganum. Drop panitu nee kadaiku po", Mullai stated with no emotions in her voice. When he did not reply she stood there not knowing if she was defeated again and there was no way they can go back to their normal, when she heard him say

"Varaya, illa ingayey nikka poriya?"

Involuntarily she smiled and she sat behind him. He checked if she sat comfortably before he started the bike. It was a small gesture but it did not go unnoticed by her. Even though he was arrogant and rude at times, she noticed that he was still chivalrous towards her. She decided to wait until he opened up to her.

After her library work when she came out, she was surprised to see him waiting for her. She happily hoped on to the bike and placed her on his shoulder for balance. She noticed him shudder and it irked her. Maybe giving him space would do them no good and decided to end her agony.

"Mandapathuku po Kathiru"

He did not want to talk to her at the same time felt there was a need for him to explain her about his behavior. Without knowing what he has to talk to her, he took her to the mandapam.

Now sitting there, Kathir was completely zoned out. They have been here before couple of times. They usually sat in this mandapam in complete silence but that has always brought peace within them.He had always cherished his alone time with Mullai here but ironic it was the last place he wanted be now.

Mullai was keenly looking at Kathir to see if he would start talking. There was an unbearable distance between them even though they were only few feet apart. Kathir's usual warmness and comfort felt cold and unbothered now. Not being able to bear the silence

"Unaku enna achu Kathiru? Edavadhu prachanaiya? Naan edavadhu thappu panitena?"

When he did not reply, she lifted his chin with her index finger forcing him to make eye contact with her. She watched the way his eyes changed with emotion and she could not decipher just one. They were filled with hurt, pain, regret but most of all they looked just tired.

"En kita irundhu velagara mathiri enaku en thonudhu Kathiru? "

At that moment, he realized she captivated his soul in every way that was possible, there was nothing that can change his mind. He opened his mouth to tell how he felt but his body stiffened thinking of the consequences.