chapter 11

TW: assault

Thalia dreaded going to class today. She knew she would have to face Harry eventually, but right now, she was laying in Draco's bed and waiting for him to finish his nasty remarks in front of the bathroom mirror. 

Harry was a good snogging partner, she would admit that. Thalia didn't want to give Harry hope though, because then he would expect things from her. She knew that her friends would definitely not approve because they have some kind of deep hatred for him.

But it didn't stop her from touching her lips and remember the feeling of Harry's lips on hers. His kisses were inexperienced but somehow so rough and passionate and she absolutely hated how he was tormenting her, even though he wasn't even here. 

Thalia wished that she could've kissed him all day but she didn't want the consequences. She didn't want her friends disapproving and she didn't want Harry bragging about how he actually got her to snog him. 

"What're you doing?" Draco asked, leaving the bathroom to see Thalia's fingers hovering over her lips. The rest of the boys had gone to breakfast, whereas Thalia and Draco decided to go to skip breakfast and meet them in class. 

Thalia's hand fell back to her sides and shrugged her shoulders. "Oh yeah, act like I'm weird when you practice what you're going to say to Potter in the mirror," Thalia mocked. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you have a crush on him."

"You're gross, Lia. I would never," Draco scowled while grabbing his bag. "I just need to make sure he's threatened by me." Thalia only shrugged again and hopped off his bed.

"There's a thin line between love and hate," Thalia said while giggling. Draco rolled his eyes playfully and grabbed her hand as they left the dorm together.

-----

Harry had a brilliant idea. He was going to completely ignore Thalia and not bring up yesterday at all until she asked him about it. That way, she would only want him more and he would be running through her mind all day.

He was now sitting in Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom looking as smug as ever, and he didn't even glance in Thalia's direction. The messy-haired boy really wanted to but he refrained from looking at the love of his life as he leaned back in his chair.

Thalia kept glancing in his direction, waiting for Harry to say something stupid so she could hex him. But when she stared at him long enough, he looked at her with a blank face. His lips didn't make any kind of effort to move and he only raised his eyebrows.

Thalia looked back at her parchment strangely. When the time for partner work came around, Thalia tried to speak but he was doing his work independently. "We're supposed to do the work together," Thalia clarified.

"Well, we can just do it separately," Harry shrugged, "it's pretty standard work."

"Okay," Thalia said, her voice higher than usual. Harry pursed his lips together in a tight smile and went back to his work, causing Thalia to continue with her work as well.

-----

Thalia was pissed during dinner time. Harry pretended that they'd never snogged and now Thalia clearly couldn't ignore it when that's all she's been thinking about. She'd raked her mind on why Harry had never acknowledged it. Was it all in her head? Had the snog never happened?

Thalia was stabbing her roast chicken when her attention was drifted towards the Gryffindor table when the sound of cheering could be heard. People were laughing and making wolf whistles as Harry snogged Ginny Weasley.

Their lips were pressed together in the same way that Harry's and Thalia's had been yesterday. Thalia felt some horrible feeling overcoming her and she was unsettled as she set her fork down.

"I think I feel sick," the brunette groaned as she excused herself from the Slytherin table. Thalia went up to the Astronomy tower, hoping that the cold thin air would help her clear her mind.

Her head whipped around at the sound of nearing footsteps and Harry stood in the Astronomy tower. His cheeks were flushed and he was out of breath from snogging Ginny and from running to the tower.

He looked good in the moonlight and Thalia hated herself for thinking that. She was never supposed to fancy Harry and she'd tried her best not to. She was supposed to fancy some Slytherin like Theodore Nott, not the stupid Chosen One.

"What, Potter?" Thalia snapped. Harry tried his best not to compliment how heavenly she looked in the moonlight and he tried his best not to admire her beauty, so he forced himself to look out into the dark sky.

"Not everything's about you, Forthing. Maybe I just wanted to admire the stars and you happened to be here," Harry shrugged, pretending to not care.

"Goodbye then," Thalia huffed. She tried to exit the Astronomy tower but Harry held his arm out to prevent her from doing so. "I swear to Merlin, if you-"

"Have you been thinking about me, love?" Harry asked. He moved closer and Thalia only backed away. Harry kept walking closer until he had her back pressed up against a wall and he smirked down at her. "You jealous?"

"No," the Slytherin scoffed. "What would I be jealous of?"

"Ginny," he answered smoothly. "Bet you've been thinking about me all day and the fact that I snogged Ginny really put you over the edge."

"As if," Thalia said. "Like I would ever be jealous of someone like Weaslette. She's a blood traitor and she's poor and-"

"And she got to snog me," Harry cut in. "I know you liked snogging me. You probably want to do it again right now."

Thalia fumed, partially because she was correct. The brunette harshly pushed him so she wasn't trapped anymore and kept pushing his chest until he was backed up against the opposite wall. Harry felt the cold stone going through his robes and pressing up against his spine and it kinda turned him on how dominant she was.

Thalia's fingers snaked around the back of his neck, just like they had yesterday, and Harry's smirk turned into a grin. Thalia leaned closer so their noses were touching and Harry felt her cold breath on his lips, causing him to lick his own lips on instinct.

Harry's chocolate brown eyes tried to grab the attention of Thalia's green eyes but her gaze was fixed on his swollen lips, reminding her that Ginny Weasley's disgusting lips were on his mere minutes ago.

Harry waited for their lips to connect again like perfect puzzle pieces. He waited to feel the bliss he'd never knew he needed until he snogged Thalia yesterday, but the bliss never came.

"It's such a shame," Thalia muttered just loud enough for Harry to hear, "that Weaslette's touched these lips." 

Thalia's hand removed itself from Harry's neck and it traveled to the crevice under Harry's chin. Thalia's face distanced itself from Harry's but she was still close, just inches away. The pad of her thumb traced over Harry's bottom lip and he inhaled sharply at her delicate touch. 

"Germs take around 16 hours to die," Thalia stated bitterly. Her hand was quickly removed from Harry's chin and lips and he suddenly felt a stinging sensation on his cheek. 

Before he could grab the side of his face to cool off the aftermath of a hard slap, Thalia grabbed his face harshly, two of her fingers on the right side of his face, along his jawline and the thumb on his left face.

"I don't want to see you snog, kiss, or even touch another girl, do you understand?" Thalia seethed. Harry weakly nodded and Thalia was back to her normally sweet and soft demeanor. "I'll be in the library and I expect you to seek me out in exactly 16 hours, when you're rid of Weaslette's germs."

She released him and confidently left the Astronomy tower. Harry stood in the same spot, his back still pressed up against the cold stone wall in shook. He knew he should've been scared of her and he should try to escape her, but he knew he would be looking forward to his time with her 16 hours later.