"Hi." Madhu says with a smile.

"Hi." RK smiles at her.

RK was about to stop to talk to her when she nods at him and continues to walk off with his sister. RK sighs as he walked on then stops noticing his mother sitting nearby and curiously watching him. He hurries off without saying anything.

**********

"Who was that?" Malik asks Padmini as she joined him at the breakfast table, hanging up the phone.

"It was Radha Kundra." Padmini informs him. "They wanted Madhu to marry their son."

"Rishabh?" Madhu asks shocked looking up from her plate.

Padmini nods.

"But for me?"

"Yeah, Radha Kundra's mother is not well, and she wants to see Rishabh married."

"But me?" Madhu asks shocked though her heart was beating fast in excitement.

"Yeah!" Padmini replies in surprised exasperation. "I told her that till Dipali is married we are not even thinking of your marriage."

"Why did you say that?" Malik asks her shocked.

"What do you mean by that?" Padmini asks him shocked.

"We should have talked about this before you said no."

"What is there to talk?"

Malik turns to Madhu and asks her, "Have you talked to Rishabh?"

"Not much." Madhu replies confused at the question.

"I've heard good things about him." Malik informs her. "What do you think about him?"

"He is nice."

"What are you talking about?" Padmini asks him shocked.

Malik turns to Padmini and replies calmly, "Madhu got such a good proposal and why did you say no?"

"Should I have said yes then?"

"After talking to Madhu, yes."

"What are you saying? Have you gone crazy?" Padmini asks him exasperated.

"You are the crazy one. Madhu got such a good proposal. Maybe one of the best. Such a good, well to do family. And an equally good boy. And Madhu also likes Rishabh, so what right do we have to say no? what reason do we have?"

"Reason? Right? Dipali is not married!"

"So? Just because Dipali is not married, we will refuse Madhu her good fortune?"

"They said they can't wait for Dipali's marriage. They were talking about marriage in a week."

Madhu who was gaping at her parents, felt sad hearing that. She wondered why she was reacting like that. She never thought of Rishabh like that. He was always Trishna's big brother... then why was she feeling all these new feelings?

"Think about it, Padmini... how many stories we know about girls suffering after marrying into the wrong family? Nowadays, to get a good life partner and a family is nothing short of a miracle. And this is one of the best proposal we could get for Madhu, and they had come asking for Madhu. We know the family and Rishabh, Madhu knows them... we should think about this."

"NO! What about Dipali?"

"There is no rule that children should be married in the order they were born. Just because Dipali is not married, we shouldn't refuse Madhu a good life. And what guarantee is there that we would get such good proposal for Madhu later?"