Prologue

My eyes shut as I basked in the sweet bliss that had taken over my body. I knew a satisfied smile rested on my face and my pink, blushing cheeks to keep it company. I gasped softly at the gentle press I felt against the side of my neck; it was like two little rose petals caressing my warmed, pale skin. Those petals then traced a slow path from my neck, to my bare shoulder. I moaned and tilted my head to give him better access - I had done that unknowingly and was even more puzzled as to how my body had begun to lean into him. It was like I had no control over my limbs when I was with him. With one more delicate peck just bellow my ear, I sighed. "I'm tired," I whined breathlessly.

A warm breath fanned over the skin of my back and the petals had stopped their exploration of my skin at that point. Instead, I felt his calloused hands embrace my sides with a teasing squeeze then motioned for me to turn by tilting one of my hips backward.

Once I turned, the soft press of lips started as quickly as they left. They trailed open-mouthed kisses from my neck, all the way up to the underside of my slender jaw. "One more time?" he pleaded, his warm breath fanning over my skin.

I shivered involuntarily and once again, my eyes shut and I laughed. "That's what you said the last three times." My hands had come to rest on his shoulders after I turned to face him; I decided that two could play this game. Tentatively (I was new to 'romping in the sheets'), I let my hands slide slowly over his pecs, then I made sure they moved tortuously slow when I lowered them even more, down to his abs - I was very thorough in my exploration. I traced every ridge and bump with my fingertips, stroking his toned flesh. I grinned in triumph when I was rewarded with a soft growl and his hands tightened around my hips. I moved the front of my body until we were perfectly lined up... well almost, the height difference was a little severe for us to have everything 'perfectly' aligned. I opened my eyes and did my best to make them appear 'flirtatious' (you know, bedroom-eyes). I leaned my face into his until my lips brushed his ear as I spoke. "At least let me catch my breath," I breathed, then briefly took his ear lobe between my teeth and nipped it.

I almost started cracking up with laughter when he shivered, then pulled his head away so quickly I was certain it would snap off his deliciously broad shoulders. The look of shock mixed with lust was, somewhat, laughable. He looked like he didn't know what to do - does he continue or, does he stop?

I blinked up at his dumb-founded expression and bit my lip.

His eyes zeroed in on the action and let out a breathy chuckle; he never really laughed. "Okay, you little minx, we'll sleep." He moved his hand away from my waist, to replace it with his entire arm, pulling me against him as tightly as possible then placed a loving peck on my forehead.

This time I smiled, it wasn't a grin, it wasn't a post-release smirk, it was an actual smile with my teeth showing and everything. I tucked my face into the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent: it was a mixture between his masculine body wash and, something that was just all him. I pressed my lips to the curve of his neck and closed my eyes, this time in preparation for sleep.

"I love you," he whispered and gently tucked a strand of my dark hair behind my ear.

I smiled even brighter. "I love you too, Derek. So much."

Four week later...

I had my arms wrapped protectively around my stomach, sitting at the rounded kitchen table and tears streaming down my face. I had been in the same spot for around thirty minutes, listening to my father yelling so much that his face had turned red. The loudness and aggressiveness of his voice didn't make it any easier to stop the tears from cascading in a continuous stream down my cheeks.

"I don't care!" he shouted. "You are going to your grandmother in Florida."

My eyes widened slightly then I cried hard, a loud sob breaking loose. "I-I can't. I h-have to tell him," I hiccuped. "He needs to know."

Four weeks. It had been four weeks since that night, that amazing night, with Derek.

I'd known him for a little over a year and we had been dating just a bit less than that; we started going out with each other about a month after he arrived but, it felt like I'd known him a lot longer than that. He moved here, New York, from California and we met in the library of all places. Instantly, we 'clicked'. Thanks to a mutual friend of ours, Derek and I got to meet. After that, we were almost inseparable and, since I love him so much and I saw us having a future together, I decided that I wanted to 'give' myself to him...

"You should have thought about that before you slept with that boy," he seethed. "Now look!" He pointed at the slight bump at the bottom of my tummy - It wasn't even noticeable. But I guess he doesn't need to see the bump on my belly since he already saw the two pink lines on the test.

Instinctively, I placed my other hand over my stomach to protect the little blueberry sized life growing in there. More tears rolled down my face, I quickly brought one hand up to swipe them away then looked at my father and tried my best to give him a pleading look. I knew that if I spoke, it would just make him angrier and that was the last thing any of us needed... but, I had to at least try or I would never forgive myself. "Dad," I said quietly, "I have to tell him. He has a right to know that we're having a baby. He'll take care of us when he finds out."

I very briefly felt a flash of hope as he seemed to be considering it; however, it looked to be a fleeting thought to him. "You either go to your grandmother or, you get rid of it," he dictated.

I stopped caressing my stomach with my thumb and finally looked him in the eye - I glared at him. "It? This"-I gestured to my belly-"is my baby you're talking about! Your grandchild. Not an... an it!" I roared, standing up at the end.

He didn't even look affected by my outburst. "Decide," he replied through gritted teeth.

Feeling defeated, I dropped my eyes to the floor and sunk back into my chair when tears started to tumble down my cheeks again. I didn't want to do this to him, to Derek, he didn't deserve this and I didn't want to keep his child from him. He had already lost one family, I didn't want him to lose another one too. But, I couldn't let our baby die. If given the free choice, like any pregnant women anywhere should get, of course I would choose to have my baby here, with Derek. What child doesn't want both of their parents around? What parent doesn't want that for their child?

I understand that it could be heartbreaking to find out that your daughter is pregnant at eighteen, just before she is supposed to go to college but, the baby she's having was made with love and, has two parents who would care for them, and love them and make sure that they always had what they needed. I understand that college is important but it's not just me that I have to think about now. There is two of us.

Maybe... maybe getting away from New York for a while would do me and the baby some good. I love Derek. I love him so much that it physically hurts me to think that I'd be leaving him here, alone. I had another person to think about, someone who is half me, half Derek and completely perfect. With an extremely heavy heart, I glanced back at my father's face. "Florida," I mumbled.

I watched as face morphed into an expression that shocked me.

He smirked! Like a triumphant villain. My father, Connor Abernathy, actually smirked at me.

I wasn't completely sure why that left me in complete and total shock. I guess I just never considered that my dad hated me that much - so much that he actually looked happy to see me so miserable.

There was no way I was coming back here as long as my father was alive. It seemed that he didn't want a daughter any more.

It was a marvelous coincidence... I didn't seem to want a father anymore.

------------
I hope you like this one. It's a little bit sad in the beginning, I feel like I should've warned you.

Hugs and butterfly kisses
- Ali 🐛