Part 3

Christ, how could a man say no to that? He scooped his hands under her ass, marveling that sweet, innocent Mara had answered her door while commando underneath her robe. He’d almost expected sensible cotton underpants like the pair she’d had on the first time he’d stripped her bare over the summer. But, no, not this Mara. There was something different about her now, something intoxicatingly female that called to his baser instincts. She was a dark, seductive flame, wrapping herself around him, all heat and spice. She might very well burn him alive, and he didn’t care.

Using his body to pin her against the wall, he freed up one hand to explore lower and found her open for him, already wet. He growled and claimed her mouth in another hard kiss, swallowing her groan as he slid two fingers into her.

“Oh, Travis. Oh, God. I think...I’m going to come. I’m

going to...” She screamed and bucked against his hand, riding his fingers so hard he almost dropped her. Seeing her like this, watching her take pleasure from him with her eyes squeezed shut, her lush breasts bouncing with every undulation of her hips, her hair a wild, living storm cloud around her head, he wondered how he could have ever thought her shy. She was the most sensual, uninhibited woman he’d ever had the pleasure of seeing come.

And he wanted to see it again, and again, and again. Maybe for the rest of his life.

When her climax ebbed, he half expected embarrassed color to fill her cheeks. Readied himself for the possibility of seeing regret in her eyes. But she didn’t withdraw or demand he put her down. Her big brown eyes opened and met his as she reached a shaking hand between them and flipped open the button of his cargo pants. Then his zipper hissed down and his cock sprang free like the damn thing was spring-loaded. He might have been embarrassed by his obvious eagerness, but her fingers wrapped around him and slid down his shaft until she was cupping him at his base. She guided him toward her opening.

“Travis, please. Fuck me.”

Well, now. She was full of surprises tonight. He hadn’t expected this when he’d flown to El Paso to see her. Hell, he’d expected her to say whatever it was she needed to say then throw him out of her house, and that would be the end of it. But, no, she was just as desperate for him as he’d been for her.

And he knew in that instant he was in trouble. Big trouble. The kind that started with sex and ended in a trip down the aisle.

Part of him had known it when he walked away from her six weeks ago, which was exactly why he’d walked, but he should have fully realized it as soon as he heard her on his voicemail. What kind of guy dropped everything and bought a six-hundred-dollar plane ticket just because he heard a woman’s voice?

A love-struck guy, that’s what.

Alarm bells that had saved his life on more than one occasion jangled inside his mind. If ever he were going to turn chicken, now would be the time—but for the first time in his life, he ignored that ingrained alarm system.

Later. He’d worry about the alarms and the consequences later. Right now, he needed this woman like he needed his next breath. Wanted the connection, craved the warmth she created inside that hollow area in his chest.

“Travis, please.”

He lifted her ass in his hands and drove his hips forward, burying himself to the balls inside her. So tight. Christ, he’d forgotten how tight she was, like a fist squeezing him. He sucked in gasping breaths, almost afraid to move, afraid even the slightest friction would end this when he wanted it to last forever.

Except Mara moaned and wrapped her legs tightly around him, swiveling her hips against his, and his last gossamer thread of control snapped. He pinned her against the wall and pounded into her so hard a picture fell, and he wouldn’t have been surprised to see a dent in the wall behind her when they were done. Someone started banging angrily on the wall next door.