"Miss. Hunt? Can you tell me what x² + y² + 4x - 2y would equal if it was the radius of the circle in question." I opened my eyes at her question and glanced tiredly at the board.

I hummed, "It equals too early for this type of mental torcher."

"There's no hope for you Hunt, is there?"

I shook my head, "Love you too bestie."

I heard Damon snicker next to me before I fell asleep again. Having three mini Asrael's in you was tiring to say the least.

CHAOS

Someone poked my cheek and I slapped their hand away, grumbling under my breath. A familiar chuckle came from behind me and I knew it was Wyatt.

"Oh my god Phoebe is making a move on Asrael Vic."

I shot up from my sleep, "Let me at this female dog, I'll karate chop her to hell."

I adjusted to my surroundings to see Wyatt and Hadley slapping the table from laughing so much and I rolled my eyes at their childishness. A small smile appeared though as Hadley fell off her chair while simultaneously stabbing Wyatt's toes with her heel.

They both laughed on the floor and I shook my head, joining in.

"I'll see you later."

"Bye Vic." They both said simultaneously, trying to stand up. They bashed their heads together and looked at eachother for a second before hitting the floor in fits of laughter again.

They really are made for eachother.

I smiled at the thought and headed out of the classroom just as other people walked in, rolling their eyes at my brother's and Hadley's behavior which just made them laugh louder.

I stuffed my books in my locker, taking in the fact that no one else was around and the school was silent. It was awfully weird as someone was always roaming around trying to get to their next class.

I closed my locker just as the first light at the end of the corridor went off. I stared blankly at it for a moment before returning to my business and twisting the key to lock everything up.

The next light column went off just as I adjusted my bag on my shoulder and my hormones started messing me up.

No one would dare kidnap me in a school full of people.

Why would you even be kidnapped? That time has been and gone.

The lights started going off at a much faster pace and I gulped, knowing my class was at the other side of the school. I took my phone out to ring Rael like the wimp I was becoming but it went straight to voicemail.

Life better stop messing with me.

The lights above my head went off and I took it as my notice to run the opposite direction and didn't waste a second doing so.

It's like not stepping on cracked tiles, just keep the light above you by running faster than a freshman does to lunch.

I glanced behind me to see a blurry shadow following me and deadass started crying.

Fuck this shit. Why are we suddenly in the Lights Out horror movie?

All the lights finally went out and I couldn't see anything other than the outline of my hands shaking in front of me. Not even the fire exit was visible and I doubted I was the only one who noticed the power outage.

It's probably Wyatt playing with the lights to scare me.

I backed up until I felt myself crash into something that definitely wasn't a locker or a wall.

"Trust me, it isn't Wyatt Victoria."

I spun around, almost getting whiplash and backed up the other way.

I know that voice.

I squinted my eyes, focusing enough to see the outline of his figure and bright blue eyes I used to love seeing staring directly into my brown ones.

"Hunter." I breathed out, wishing it was Domino's brother instead of this psychotic maniac who is a disgrace to the first name Hunter.

"I thought they killed you." I finished before trying to bolt again.

He placed a hand around my neck, dragging me back before placing something over my mouth that made my senses dull.

I thought I was done burning. I thought I was finally alive, I had my life together. I had a boyfriend, friends, supportive brothers and three mini me's on the way.

But I guessed life wasn't finished with me yet, I was just always at the sharp end of the knife, never being the one who got out unscathed.