You let go of Charlie's arm before running up to the door, trying to hold it closed. "Quick Charlie! Find somewhere to hide!"

You expect the creature to try breaking down the door, but instead, you hear two gentle knocks from the other side of it.

"Charlie, it's only me!" a much less sinister, almost childlike voice says. "I was just cleaning things up around here!"

The Princess gives a deep sigh, seemingly in relief. "Oh it's Niffty, thank goodness..."

She steps toward the doorway, which you are still blocking with your body.

"You really wanna go back out there?" you ask. "That thing could kill you!"

Charlie giggles, which makes you all the more confused. "Niffty's just the hotel's housekeeping! Nothing to worry about."

She softly pushes you away from the door and opens it, revealing a female demon with that characteristic single eye, but also a set of rosy cheeks and yellow-colored skin. She is also much shorter in height than both you and the Princess.

"Sorry I scared you guys, heh heh." she says. "I guess I got a little too 'into' cleaning all the rooms up..."

"It's fine Niffty, don't worry about it!" Charlie assures her.

"Oh, awesome!" the small demon replies. Her eye then darts in your direction, and a quizzical expression appears on her face.

"Ooh, who's this? Are you our first guest!?" she excitedly asks.

"I'm (Y/N), and actually I just started working here. Pretty much right now." you explain.

"That's cool! You know, you'd be the only guy working here if it weren't for Husk and Al!" she says.

"But I thought that Angel Dust guy was a dude, though-"

The little demon's eye suddenly bulges open, and she shouts "Oh wow, I totally forgot to sweep up the nightstand in room 627!"

She quickly sprints off, shouting "Gotta go, it was nice meeting you!". She runs around a corner, and is out of your sight.

Well that was... something.

"I realize that was kinda random, but she means well, honestly!" Charlie says.

"It was weird but... kind of relieving actually." you reply. "I was afraid I'd be the only person working here!"

"Yeah. I'm sure you've noticed we're a bit understaffed at the moment, but don't worry, we're getting better!" she assures you with a smile.

"Understaffed'' is definitely an understatement. Niffty did mention other employees that apparently work here though.

What were their names again? Husk and... Al?

Is that short for the mysterious "Alastor" guy that has Charlie all worked up?

Probably not. If he's that much of a threat, there's no way Charlie would have him be an actual employee here.

Right?

You're about to question her about this, but Charlie suddenly speaks up.

"And by the way... thanks for saving me earlier."

"Wait, what? What are you talking about?" you ask in confusion.

"When we first saw Niffty. You could have easily just ran off and left, but you wanted to make sure I was safe. So... thanks!" she says, giving you an adorable smile.

"Oh yeah, heh heh..." you say. "You're welcome, Charlie. But didn't you say she was nothing to worry about?"

"Well yeah, but it's the thought that counts! It's nice having someone around here who I can fully trust."