PAASBANپاسبان ☆KEEPER

●●●

●●●

The starry night contrasted to the thundering,dark abyss present inside her chest and thudding very slowly and melodiously to witness her mere presence in the world.

Wearing a crimson embellished lehnga with the same shaded dupatta drapped smoothly on her head and landing gracefully on the bed. Smooth, milky skin of the eighteen year old was draped in gigantic sets of jewellery. Rosy lips painted even more red and dark. Eyes casted down with heavy tears resting on the long lashes. A warm, red hue on her baby cheeks. Two long, brown swirls of her hair hanging on either side of her face away from the ones bunched in a regal bun covered with flowers.

She was looking beautiful. Thats what everyone was saying. But why can't she feel the happiness? Why can't she see the beauty on her face?

She was a mere child who just wished for a childhood and that was not what she got. Instead of toys she was washing dishes in the huge haveli that she could call her home. Instead of painting nails as a teenager and buying clothes, she was given the used clothes of her step sister.

She remembered how she cried one time and was nearly beaten to death by her step father. A pinge of hurt erupted when she thought about all those times when her mother defended her step sister not her.

And now at eighteen she was married of to a guy she hasn't seen. A guy who is a decade older than her. What she heard about him only send fear clawing up her body.

With the little left hope of love she said 'Qubool hai' and was bounded an eternity with Wali Yousufzai

And now here she was sitting on his bed waiting for her doom to arrive. The little hope that she had left hid in a corner of her heart when the knob twisted and the door closed shut behind the person. The dark, dominating aura itself resonating inside the huge room. His mere presence sent shivers down her spine. The clicking of the lock made her murmur all the verses of Holy Quran that she knew.

She was informed about the responsibilites of a wife towards her husband.

An eighteen year old wife and a thirty two year old husband

All the given talk was by her house maid Amma Bi who was just like a mother figure to her.

She was not ready for all this. But how can she voice her opinion when she clearly knows he will get what he wants. Thats how he was.

The shoes hitting on the floor stop as the bed dip infront of her. A heavy cloud of nervousness and fear surrounds her as she struggles to calm herself down.