~ 3 ~

Warnings: cursing, other than that nothing ig

Word count: 999

-----------------------------------------

After everyone had gotten back into the van there was a thick tension, no one really spoke. Xavier was on edge for obvious reasons

(time skip to when they get there cause I'm a lazy writer)

We all lined up out of the van one by one,  stepping out the passenger side I took a deep breath of fresh air, bathed in the summer sun. İt was a delight to the senses. İt was cut short when I heard the sound of wood being chopped, the axe coming down with a hard thump

"Welcome to camp redwood, my names Margret Booth, I'm the owner." the woman said as she made her way over to us. Xavier still looked nervous, I grabbed his hand giving it a light squeeze with a reassuring smile. his eyes softened a little.

"boss lady, chopping her own wood. Choice" Montana said, taking off her sunglasses "Well, We'll all have to wear multiple hats, we are short-staffed and the kids arrive in the morning" Margret said in a blunt manner. Getting straight to the point.

"yeah are we the only counselors?" I asked, looking around the place. "well, the Olympics create thousands of temporary jobs and my pool of potential employees was limited" I was about to reply until brook interjected "is there a medic or a nurse here?" she called from the van.

Margret furrowed her brows, marching towards the van. We all looked at each other, Xavier more so giving us a warning stare. "we have a situation" Brooke continued

"what happened to him" Margret asked taking a look at the man in the van. Xavier was first to respond "uh, he was by the side of the road" he said, giving her a fake smile. "he was already messed up" I said backing up Xavier's lie.

Margret had a look of confusion as she leaned in closer to get a view of the injured man inside. "okay, well lets get him to the infirmary" Margret said, turning on her heel. Xavier's eyes met yours, he raised his eyebrow. "c'mon" I said tugging on his hand lightly for a moment.

--

We had got him to the infirmary to find that the nurse had already shown up. "you say you found him in the middle of the road?" the nurse said giving us a questioning look. "he was on the side of the road" Xavier corrected, shifting in his seat as he did so.

"he's been pretty out of it, saying weird things. not making much sense" Xavier continued. "he's severally dehydrated, probably went for a hike and got lost, couldn't find a way back. panicked, people don't realize just how deep these woods are. hikes get lost in them every year" the nurse said standing up, heading to wash her hands in the sink. "He's lucky you found him" she added.

"hmm" Xavier hummed knowing fine well that's not how it went down. "Is he gonna die" I asked with a look of deep concern. "not on my watch" the nurse answered with a confident smile.

Xavier still looked tense, I couldn't help but fell bad for him. "why don't we give our nurse some space, I can show you all a tour of the camp" Margret interrupted.

we all followed in peruse, she led us to some older woman moving crates full of food and essentials. "Dibz" Xavier grinned in a joking manner. "you wouldn't know what to do with it if you tried" Bertie said with a cigarette hanging out her lips, her voice sounded like she smoked most of her life. "put those skinny arms to good use" she said, dumping a crate in his arms. he had a look of amused shock. Chet turned towards me and smirked "dibz"

I scoffed crossing my arms across my chest following Margret. Xavier's eyed burned into the back of Chet's head. he place the crate in its place then followed after them.

We walked through the camp as Margret explained the rules to us "girls shower in the AM, boys shower in the PM. same goes for councilors" she said in an authoritative  manner.

"this is the girls' cabin" she further explained as she walked us through it. she then lead us through the woods. you stood by Xavier in in silence for a few moments until speaking up "she seems great" you said with a sarcastic smile spread across your features. he hummed in amusement, arms crossed over his chest. our time was cut short as we had already arrived at the boys cabin.

It might seem strange but I love how isolated this place was, out in the middle of no where. cut off from society for a few months, from the constant bullshit that was your life.

"this is the girls cabin. girls are red, boys are blue. Don't even try to make purple" Margret said giving us all a warning stare. "you expect us to be celibate all summer?" Chet asked raising an eyebrow.

"well I'm not banning self abuse although every stroke soils your soul. how could I ever enforce it" she said, now standing outside the cabin with the rest of us on the porch.

"its 1984 Margret. You ever hear of the sexual revolution?" Xavier said with a smug smile giving Ray a fist pump "Sex won" you added leaning over the porch railing. "I am aware of the decadence of our era. women's underwear that shows the buttocks. pornography on your own homes. I want this to be a pure, godly and decent place"  Margret said, causing Xavier to roll his eyes.

"now there aren't many rules but I expect everyone of you to follow them without exception" Margret added before walking away, we all looked at each other in amusement, laughing.

-----

sorry that not much has happened in this chapter, I promise it will get more interesting in the next.