5

"H-hello everyone, my name is Gray, I am, uh -" Gray trailed off and shifted uncomfortably, looking down at her hands. "I am a new alter in the DIDyouknow system, to be more specific, I am a ghost alter. If you want me t-to do a 'Meet the Alters' video, please leave a comment down below."

Seonghwa found himself having to make the video louder due to how quiet she spoke. After three months of disappearing off the face of the earth, DIDyouknow had decided to upload videos again, and Seonghwa was beyond relieved.

He'd accidentally stumbled across the channel one day, and, thinking it was some sort of prank, watched a video of theirs. It turned out to be intriguing, and he suddenly couldn't stop watching, wanting to find out more about life with DID.

Of course, his other friends didn't know he watched DIDyouknow. If they did....

Seonghwa shuddered and shook the thought away, burrowing deeper inside his covers.

"Some of you have been wondering w-where we went, and, um, we had to take a break for a bit. M-maybe Soomin or Aurora will make a video about it later, or the host, b-but for now this is the most I can say, s-sorry."

She ducked her head, finally looking at the camera, and let out a startled laugh. "W-wow, this mask is kind of scary." She reached a hand up to her face and traced over the X's covering her eyes. "And the LED lights are blue! I wonder what it would look like in the dark?"

"Anyways," she cleared her throat, embarrassed. "Today, I'll be explaining w-why non-human alters are created."

Seonghwa chuckled, not caring that the video was thirty minutes long or that college was starting tomorrow.

He was going to learn about non-human alters.

***

"Joong, wake up!" Someone shook his shoulder and he groaned, not wanting to get up.

"'M tired," he whined, hugging his pillow.

"Well, if you hadn't spent so much time making that video yesterday, you would've gone to bed earlier! Plus, it's almost lunchtime and Composition starts at one o'clock!" Yunho barely bit back a laugh as Hongjoong shot up from the bed, hair sticking up in all different directions as he checked the clock on his bedside table.

"Oh my gosh! Hyung, why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"Hey!" Yunho tugged the blanket off the younger boy with a flourish. "I just got here, and the only reason why I'm here is because your mom called."

"Why'd she call?"

"Because she had to go to work and couldn't wake you up."

Hongjoong flushed in embarrassment and promptly kicked a laughing Yunho out of his room, mumbling something about how he had to get ready and how he didn't want him to watch.

Chuckling, the older boy made his way downstairs and pulled up Hongjoong's video on his phone and almost choked from the amount of views it already had.

"Joong-ah!" he called, trying to process how his friend had so many fans.

"What is it, hyung?"

"Your video already has 1 million views!"

"Really? I'll check after I take a quick shower!"

Yunho heard a door slam from somewhere inside the house and lay down on the couch, scrolling through the comments underneath the video, one catching his eye in particular.