I am thankful for...

Torres POV:

"Hey B, how long will the ride be?"

"20 hours Nick, we'll stop in Nashville for  the night," I frown, why did I choose to go meet Ellie's family? Oh yeah, because I love her.

"Urghhh,"

"You don't have to come for thanks giving Nick," She has a frown on her face,

"No, no, I want to it's just a very long journey," I say, picking up our bags and loading them into Bishops car. We have been dating for 4 months and I'm going to meet her family for thanks giving in Oklahoma.

As I get in the drivers seat of the car Bishop leans over her seat into the back then sits back in her seat with a packet of chips, two picnic bars for later and two protein bars for me.

We pull out of the drive and set off leaving Washington and work behind for the weekend.

**Nashville (half way to Oklahoma)**

"Hey wake up sleepy head," I whisper and gently shake Ellie awake. She imediately goes to her side to grab her gun until she realises that we put our weapons and badges on the back seats and there's only me with her. She calms down, 

"Good evening," she says stretching,

"Come on let's go to out room." We get out and take one of the two bags we packed with us. I go to the reception desk to ask for our key card before meeting Ellie by the elevators. When we walk in there is 3 other people who join us so we all stand in an awkward silence until we can get out. when we get to floor 3 we step off and walk down the corridor until we get to our door.

"Here we are," Bishop says as I walk up behind her. I open the door and follow her in placing our suitcase at the base of the bed and collapsing on the bed with Bishop. I lean over to her and give her a quick peck before getting back up, opening the suitcase and grabbing my showering stuff before walking into the bathroom.

I open the door and see Bishop watching 'Law & Order: SVU'. she turns her head as I walk up to her, very obviously checking me out. She gets up and goes to the bathroom for a shower with her arms full of stuff. I scroll through the channels and end up watching the end of 'Ride Along'. When I hear the door to the bathroom open she's wearing a spaghetti-strap, blue silk top and matching blue, silk shorts. I check her out not even caring if she notices. "Nick!" I look up, "were you even listening?" I shake my head grinning, 

"No sorry what was it? I was...distracted," she blushed and climbed onto the bed next to me, 

"I was just talking about my family but it's okay we can talk in the morning," she said yawning the last bit. We got under the covers and turned off the TV.

"I love you B, sweet dreams." I whispered wrapping my arm around her petit waist, 

"I love you too Nick," I did a mini happy dance in my brain, this was the first time I'd told her aloud that I love her and she said it back, no hesitation. I fell asleep with a warm feeling in my head and Ellie's legs tangle with mine.

I felt Ellie move underneath me telling me she was waking up so I murmured, "Good Morning babe" She immediately replied,

"Good morning, and do not call me babe, I am not a toddler," she always said that when I called her babe or baby. Though she was serious about the nickname thing she was still smiling. We got up, left our room had breakfast then collected our luggage before dropping off the key at reception and getting in the car this time with Bishop driving.