Chapter thirty four: Ballerinas

Start from the beginning

•. •. •.

They decided to sign her up after that, and half of them went with to cheer her on during her first class.

Beau, Cassidy, and Sawyer went. Miles and Eric had work, and Amber said she wanted to deep clean her apartment and purge old clothes from her closet.

They sat next to Charlotte as the girls did their warm up. It was mostly stretching, then learning the positions.

"It looks like she likes it." Beau was observing the most, trying to wonder if they successfully found something for her to do. She did not like the idea of t-ball or soccer.

"I used to be in ballet." Sawyer said it so simply, like everyone already knew and she was just repeating herself absentmindedly.

Cassidy turned her head and slightly frowned, she knew Sawyer in college-not well, but swore that detail never came up. "I never knew you were a ballerina...like as a little girl?"

Sawyer shook her head and continued to watch Maisy do first position with the other kids, and Cassidy tried again. "...How long were you a ballerina?"

She didn't mean to sound so shocked, she just would've never pictured Sawyer as a ballerina. Maybe more of a skateboarder or something.

"All through high school. I quit senior year." Sawyer finally looked back at Cassidy, who was clearly wondering why she quit.

"It just wasn't my thing, I knew what I was doing but I never wanted to do that forever."

It was kind of hard to picture, Sawyer in a ballet class. Especially with her personality.

"I swear...I want to believe you so badly, but I just cannot picture you doing ballet." Sawyer raised her eyebrow at Cassidy, signaling a silent 'oh yeah?'

She stood up, and walked up to one of the instructors as the little kids kept practicing their positions.

Having no idea what she was doing, Cassidy tried to grab her arm but she continued to walk away.

Beau glanced at Cassidy, but she had no answer so he continued to watch Maisy.

Sawyer whispered something to the woman in front of the class, and smiled as the woman nodded and clapped her hands together.

"Alright everyone, please move back a little bit so we can watch, Ms. Harrison is going to demonstrate for us."

As the children scooted back a couple feet, Sayer took off her leather jacket and winked at Cassidy. The woman said a few things to the children to make sure they were out of the way, and Sawyer pulled her long ashy blonde hair up into a ponytail.

The light piano music continued to play in the background, and Sawyer started to effortlessly move around at the front of the room, looking as if she had never quit.

The woman started to talk to the children again, narrating the moves Sawyer was doing.

"And pirouette," She stretched the word as Sawyer did a quick spin that seemed delicately choreographed, Cassidy only stared-Still kind of shocked, but the good kind of shocked.

That was only another thing she forgot about dating, you're never done getting to know someone. It's not like she thought she knew everything, but it sorta felt that way.

The little kids clapped of course, then Sawyer sat back down in between Beau and Cassidy, letting out a quick breath before smiling at Cassidy.

"Still got it."

Beau smirked at Cassidys dumbfounded face, but she smiled and looked at Sawyer with an astonished expression. "How did you get up there without any problems? I've never done this but I assume they don't let strangers help."

Sawyer shrugged and looked back to Maisy, who was laughing with Adeline and Brynlee. "I have my ways."

•.                                         •.                                 •.

"Did you like ballet class Mais?"

Beau pulled the blanket over Maisy, and she readjusted it to tuck in her stuffed animals too. They get cold too you know.

"Yeah, I really liked to dance with them. And the pwetty shoes." Maisy did really admire the ballet shoes, and Sawyer promised to teach her some more moves another day and she'd bring her ballet shoes.

Beau leaned in and smiled at her, they had just read two bedtime stories, and he was hoping she would sleep good tonight because she had a fun excitement-filled day.

"Yeah? You're excited to learn more?" Maisy bobbed her head, she loved the way it looked when Sawyer gracefully moved around the room, each move flowing into the next.

"M' really excited. Did you like it Beauy?" Beau nodded and kissed her forehead, making sure she was comfortable. "I loved it princess, why don't you get some sleep okay?"

Maisy sighed but agreed as Beau turned on her starry light, lighting up the ceiling with the beautiful stars she adored so much.

Just before Beau was about to walk out, Maisy stopped him. "Beauy?"

He turned around but didn't walk towards her, assuming she wanted him to get her a glass of water or something.

But instead, she blew him a kiss and then laid down, sleepily nestling into her pillow. "I love you."

Beau smiled at the sight of her, her cute little Minnie-mouse styled buns, and curled up in her pink and blue heart pajamas. "I love you too peanut. Sleep tight."

_____________________________

Yaaaaay new hobby

What's your favorite/best quote you've heard?

Sorry I've lost my weird writing spark, or whatever you call it, I can't even tell you the number of chapters I had to stop in the middle and rewrite it because it was so bad.

But regardless of that, thank you for reading, stay safe

💛