Chapter 7: Home

Why am I like this? Is this because it's the first time I liked someone? I'm totally gonna creep him out at this rate! The thoughts echoed in his head, making it unbearable. 

"Samu-san?" 

Osamu snapped to attention, turning to Yamaguchi's side of the bed. The freckled boy was still half asleep, smiling when their faces meet. "Good morning," He yawned cutely. 

"Good.. morning too," Osamu stuttered, grabbing his phone to look at the time. It was still 5 am in the morning and they still have 3 hours until check out. 

Yamaguchi got up to the bathroom to freshen up a bit giving enough time for Osamu to shut his eyes for a few minutes. "What do you want?" Yamaguchi peeked out from the bathroom. Osamu opened one of his eyes as Yamaguchi read through the menu. "I was thinking of ordering some food, what would like to eat?"

"I'll have you please," Osamu murmured before closing his eyes. His eyes opened wide when he realized what he said, hoping Yamaguchi didn't hear it. Judging by Yamaguchi turning into a strawberry, it's safe to assume he did. "I mean, I'll have what you're having." Nice save.

Yamaguchi decided on some Onigiri and Miso soup since it's the cheapest. Then it was quiet. Uncomfortable quiet. As Yamaguchi was about to reach for the remote to watch some TV, Osamu's eyes suddenly opened and grabbed the remote away. The poor thing was traumatized. He never saw so many old men's dicks in one moment, and he clearly didn't want to again.  

"So, um wanna talk while we wait?" Yamaguchi glanced at him. They still have a few hours, so why not Osamu thought. Yamaguchi moves closer to Osamu so the gray-haired boy wouldn't have to move from his position since he can tell he was still a bit tired. 

"You're related to Komori and Sakusa right?" Osamu asked wondering what his home life was like. 

The freckled boy nods his head and explained. It turns out, Yamaguchi's mom and dad met at a bar and had a one-night stand that resulted him. His dad was already married to another woman at the time, still is, which made him a secret love child. Komori's mom tried to sue or get Yamaguchi's mom in prison but luckily his dad helped them out and gave them enough money to start a new life. 

Komori recently reached out to him, always wanting to meet his little brother. He remembered the first time they met is when they arrived at the Nationals. 

"Oh my god! You kinda look just like me!" Komori wrapped his arms around him, putting him in a tight embrace, excited to see his little brother. "Let's both agree you're the cute one and I'm the hot one, kay?"

Yamaguchi just nods fast, still trying to process it all. "I can write a restraining order for you if you want Yamaguchi," Sakusa said with a look of disgust.

"Hey! Don't be like that!" Komori cried out. His eyes starting to water a little. "Ohh! Let's go grab something to eat little bro!" Komori tugged Yamaguchi toward the food stalls. "My treat of course!"

Yamaguchi was always scared about meeting him since he thought he might hate him for what his Mom did. He was glad he was wrong. Sakusa was surprisingly nice too, especially when he found out Yamaguchi values cleanliness too, not in the level he does though. It was just he saw Yamaguchi used a hand sanitizer before eating one time which earned him Sakusa's respect.

The room suddenly got quiet again. Osamu didn't expect an answer like that. I guess not everyone has it easy. So Yamaguchi asked him about his family too. It's only fair since he did share a lot already.

Osamu took a deep breath before speaking. The earliest memory Osamu had was their Dad and Mom shouting at each other. It was either that or Tsumu stealing stuff from him without permission, then saying he's borrowing it when caught.... 

Despite the chaotic nature, Osamu did love his family very much, especially his father who he idolized. When his Dad's hair started to turn gray, he even dyed his gray too. It was the best home he could have ever asked for, despite the rough edges.

Everything seems perfect, until one day his father left and didn't return. They thought their dad was just on an extended trip from work but when the holidays and they heard the sound of her mother crying in the morning, they all knew wouldn't come back, except for Osamu who still believed their father will return. That he will come back home.

Even Atsumu tried to convince his brother. That their Dad already found another family in a different country and moved on. But Osamu refused to give up hope. Their mother eventually died later that same year when she just gave up on taking care of herself. Good thing their grandparents were there to look after them but the damage was already done. 

Atsumu was very outgoing and focused himself on Volleyball. Osamu tried too, but didn't understand why it all had happened? They were so happy. Their father was a strong, kind, and dependable. The man he aspired to be. So why?

Is it because they're not good enough for him? Found someone better? A better home? Can the people you love really be replaced that easily?

Osamu thought that must be it. What reason would you need to abandon your own family to start a new one? This is why when his brother Atsumu went on dates and got rejected he'll just tell him to stop so he wouldn't get hurt. Atsumu refused and eventually got a boyfriend. Osamu was just disgusted and usually mocked him for being in a relationship. Because he knows it'll end in heartbreak sooner or later. 

"If you're gonna hurt each other at the end, why even bother starting a relationship at all."

Osamu was relieved to know he wasn't really attracted to girls or other guys that tried to hit on him. He wasn't interested in the blind dates his team and brother tried to fix for him. Osamu even denied the advances from a man with a fabulous goatee that was shaped like a boat. 

The first thing Osamu felt when he first saw Yamaguchi was actually fear. Fear of this new emotion he was feeling. He didn't want to believe he can fall in love with someone. But, what he felt for Yamaguchi was different, right? It's not the love he saw that crumbled and led to his mother dying, is it not? When he pulled away from their first kiss, he was mortified by what just happened. 

He's not going to leave me too, right? Of course, he is, we don't know each other that much anyway. He thought to himself. 

In his mind, he knows he shouldn't think this way, but he can't help it. If there was one thing to separate him from his brother, it's his ability to overthink way too much. He wasn't sure anymore if he was happy, scared, annoyed, or just crazy. Before he knew it, tears started to drip from his eyes as he clung to the pillow tightly.

"Samu-san?" Yamaguchi called out to him when he noticed the gray-haired boy crying. 

He immediately went to his side, wrapping his arms around him from behind, basically spooning the gray-haired boy. Yamaguchi leaned his head on Osamu's neck, hugging him tighter. Osamu cried harder for a moment, trying to release all of his doubts and thoughts that were plaguing his mind, as much as he can anyway.

Yamaguchi continued to gently caress Osamu's hair, trying to calm him. And it worked. As Osamu started to breathe normally and when the tears start dropping. A comfortable silence filled the room. 

No more words were exchanged at that moment. Only the comfort they brought one another was enough. Osamu felt this warm and gentle sensation all around him. It was familiar, yet also foreign.

It felt like home.

- TO BE CONTINUED - 

Always wanted to make something wholesome happen in a love hotel. I mean, if I can't, I'm glad Osamu and Yamaguchi can. XD