Training the newbies & graduation

*Kaylas POV*

It had been a long 6 months since mine and Hayden's first date, but it had felt like only 3 weeks.

We spent almost every day together and he only ever left the house to go see his mom and run errands.

Kade had lightened up on both of us a lot, and there hadn't been another incident with Silas since the deal was made. When we would see him at fights, he would send me looks, but not in a threatening way.

He had what he wanted and so did I, so in a way everyone was happy.

Now, as the boys and Addy were nearing graduation, Sarah, Cole and I were planning for our senior year, and dreading the inevitable split of the gang.

Kade was planning to stay in town, get a two year degree from the local community college, and work out of his garage that was a couple blocks from the house.

Addy was planning to go to the community college as well to stay close to Kade, and starts towards a degree in computer science and engineering.

The rest of the boys from Kade's original gang and most from Hayden's were finding jobs around the area to stay close except for Dawson, he was joining Hayden at college.

Hayden was going to school at the University of California in Los Angeles on a boxing scholarship. To think that I was going to have to be across the country from him for months at a time threatened to rip my heart out.

We had spent so much time together that I was used to him being there, but I knew it was an amazing opportunity, and it would be ridiculous of me to ask him not to take it.

When he had told me, I was ecstatic for him, and he insisted that he didn't have to go, but when I told him that we would find a way to make it work he was thrilled. Although I had known he was lying about being okay with not going from the start, that proved my point.

I was going to miss him a lot, but like he had said we had the whole summer, he promised to call every night and he was planning on flying back every chance he got.

It wasn't an ideal situation, but we would make it work. Sarah had promised to distract me with lots of 'senior year fun', what that meant- I had no idea, but I was positive that it would be full of party's, trips and beach days.

Currently, I was sitting in seventh period, completely distracted with thoughts of summer and Hayden. Who actually needs pre-calc anyways?

The bell was about to ring, and I would finally be free from sitting in class for the next two months. It was practically a sin to actually have class on the last day of school. I mean, why even bother?

While I was daydreaming, the bell finally rang, and I quickly gathered my things before all but sprinting to the parking lot. When I got there Kade was leaned against his car talking to 5 unfamiliar guys.

As I stopped beside him, I heard him mention something about Gangs, and I remembered that today was the recruitment day.

Cole would take over as the high school leader when the rest of the boys graduated, it was odd to think that he was the same age as me and Sarah. He seemed so much older.

"How's it going so far?" I asked Kade as the boys retreated to their cars.

"They seem like good candidates, but I'm not sure. It feels weird to be stepping down." He replied.

I began to answer, as arms wrapped around my waist.

"Hey, beautiful." Hayden whispered into my hair.

"Hey," I replied before turning around and giving him a quick kiss.

I turned to answer Kade but he had already walked away to talk to Addy.