This seem to satisfy Angelina as she just nodded and continued to look over her book. It wasn't that (y/n) was fond of lying to her friends about what they were actually doing. She just didn't want to let them know in case it failed.

The door slammed open as Professor Snape walked in, using his wand to shut the blinds to his classroom. "Open up your books to page 167."

"He's in a good mood," Fred whispered leaning over his table so (y/n) and Angelina could hear him.

"Should we turn his foul mood into something better?" George asked.

"Oh no," Angelina said, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Say Snape," Fred called out- which earned himself a death stare almost immediately. "You're teaching us about Amortentia? Have you ever been in love?"

"Weasley detention!"

"Why? I just asked a question?" Fred said slumping down in his chair.

"It is Professor Snape to you. Now as I was saying," he said turning his back to the class. "Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. You all, will brew a small vital of it and write 3/4th parchment on the different items you smell. Begin."

(Y/n) hoped down from her desk going to the cupboard to pick up ashwinder eggs, rose thorns, peppermint, and powdered moonstone.

"Ms. Carter," Snape said nodding in her direction. "OWLS are this year. I must ask, have you looked into a career path?"

"No sir, I have not."

"May I suggest becoming a potions master?"

(Y/n) looked taken aback caught off by his words. "I never even thought about it, truthfully."

Snape just nodded turning his back to check on the progress of the other students work. "You are my brightest student."

(Y/n) stood in place slightly stunned. Professor Snape was never nice-especially to her. She shook her head, picking up the rest of her supplies and heading back to her table.

"What did that slimeball want from you?" George asked as (y/n) took her seat- heating up her cauldron.

"He wants me to become a potions master after Hogwarts. Even complimented my work."

"Snape did?" Lee asked with wide eyed.

"Well don't act so surprised," Angelina said. "Snape's always been nice to you. Wasn't it just last year he told you your potion was good? And you're the only Gryffindor he's never given detention to. I even got one last year because I messed up a potion."

"I guess you're right," (Y/n) said a little taken aback.

"I find it to be a little creepy to be honest, but you really are the only one he's nice to that isn't a Slytherin."

"I wonder why," Fred thought aloud. For as long as he could remember Angelina was right. Snape never punished (y/n) with detentions even when she was in on the pranks with him and George. He watched as she got up from her seat to give Professor Snape her potion. He took in the curves of her hips, and how she had almost a skip in her steps when she walked. How she parted her lips when she was concentrating on what someone else was saying. She was intoxicating to him. 

"What do you smell Freddie?" George asked as he leaned in to get a whiff of his own potion.

"Uh," Fred said clearing his throat as he shook the memories of (y/n) away. "I can smell mums' homemade cookies, lemons, and grapefruit?" He answered trailing off in confusion.