Chapter 21 - QUICK-WITTED

Start from the beginning

"Wojtek," she shouted, and he turned around. "Bludger, Horvat, now!"

He understood and began to look for a free bludger to hit. Lyova concentrated on the goals again, hoping that her plan worked out.

"Durmstrang in quaffle possession. Rasmussen passes to Silva. He flies towards the goal and SCORES. 10-0 Durmstrang!" Lee shouted into his microphone.

"YES, SILVA," Lyova shouted, giving him thumbs up. He grinned, flying on.

"OWWWW, A BLUDGER HIT CHANG."

Lyova turned her head up to see that Chang was now far away from Horvat. Maybe that would help him stay concentrated.

She tightened her grip on her broom and again tried to get in quaffle possession, but this time, Davies was faster than her. He took the quaffle and winked, before flying in the other direction, Lyova racing directly behind him.

"QUICK-WITTED!" she shouted towards her team. It was one of the strategies they had trained.

Lazarev and Silva encircled Davies from two sides so that he could only fly straight ahead. Farkas sent a bludger to Davies, so he had no other option than to let the quaffle fall to avoid getting hit by the bludger.

Lyova caught the quaffle and made a sharp u-turn to fly in the other direction.

"BULLET!" she shouted towards Horvat. Her sign that he should look out for the snitch. She pushed forward to the goal rings and scored another 10 points. By now, they had enough points to win the game. It would not be overly good, but every further second in the game meant, that Horvat could short-circuit.

The crowd cheered, and she looked up to Horvat, who'd spotted the snitch, chasing it over the pitch. He was close to it, but Chang was right behind him. At that moment, Lyova felt a sharp pain. A bludger had hit her shoulder, and she screamed in pain, trying to stay focused.

She looked up and cursed as her eyes met Horvat's. Her scream must have been so loud that he got distracted. Cho passed him and chased after the snitch while Horvat turned off, flying towards the beater who'd sent the bludger. Lyova could see the anger in his eyes even from that far away.

"NO," she screamed, changing her direction. "HORVAT."

The students on the tribunes began to murmur as Horvat aimed for the beater instead of the snitch.

"WHAT IS THAT? THE SEEKER IS NO LONGER AFTER THE SNITCH. INSTEAD, HE FLIES TOWARDS INGLEBEE. AND THAT IS CHANG'S OPPORTUNITY TO CATCH THE SNITCH. 150 POINTS FOR RAVENCLAW. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, BUT RAVENCLAW WINS. 150-20.

Lyova went back to the ground and hectically got off her broom. She grunted as a jolt went through her shoulder, but she tried to ignore it and sprinted over the pitch. Just in time, Lyova managed to jump between Horvat and Inglebee. She pushed against Horvat, who yelled over her shoulder, spit flying.

"You fucking idiot. Let go. LYOVA...let me--" By now, the other durmstrangs arrived, grabbing for everything they could get off Horvat. Lyova backed away, mustering the seeker, who beat around him.

"What is the problem?" Roger Davies entered the scene, looking sternly between the two players.

"I don't know. He attacked me out of the blue," Inglebee stated, pointing at Horvat.

"You hit a bludger at Rasmussen," Horvat screamed angrily.

"Because that's my job!" Inglebee retorted, his bat resting on his shoulder.

"JUST WAIT UNTIL I GET YOU!"

Davies confused looked between Lyvova and Horvat.

"The match is over, and so is this," he commanded. Lyova nodded in agreement, thankful that Roger stayed so calm. It was evident why he'd been chosen to be prefect.