Chapter 48 (edited)

Start from the beginning

I clenched my jaw. "I would've accepted regardless!"

"Colonel..." Hawkeye spoke looking for an explanation.

"They were gonna use her."I spoke abruptly. "She ruined their plans when she resigned..." I stopped before taking a breath. "The deal was that, we separate or she's taken as a sacrifice. It was her life or mine, I chose the latter."

I took another breath. "I didn't know what being a sacrifice meant.. so I gladly agreed to take het spot... she doesn't know." I looked at her. "That's why I kept quiet."

"Oh how sweet." Sarcasm on his tongue. "Now how should I get you to open the portal?" He thought a moment.

"Is that why the Elric brothers were chosen? Because they opened the portal?" I barked at him.

"Yes, it is." He nodded.

"They told me human transmutation couldn't be done! Why would I even try to do it knowing it would fail!" I glared at him.

He laughed. "You're right there. But all I really need you to do is open the portal and then return."

"No! Not a chance! I won't be your puppet! You open it yourself!" My angry voice bounced off the walls. I didn't know this was part of it...

He became serious. "I told you, we have run out of time." He paused. "Perhaps I should fetch your lover, maybe then you'll be obedient."

My stomach dropped and fear took over. "NO! DON'T!" I trembled as shaky breaths left my mouth. "Don't... Don't touch her." I begged.

"Would you preform it for her?" He smiled at me.

He sighed. "But getting her here would be a hassle and we are out of time." He shook his head. "I guess we'll just have to use the next best thing." He snapped his fingers.

There was splatter of red. No..

My eyes widened as I looked at Hawkeye. The man pinning her down had sliced her across her shoulder.

I held my breath as I watched blood pour out of her. She gasped as she fell with a thud.

"Lieutenant!" I called her. "Lieutenant!"

"Now then, maybe you've had a change of heart, what do you say Mustang?"

My fear was replaced with anger. "I'll kill you!"
You're not taking another friend.

I flinched as I watched them drag her body onto the circle.

"Lieutenant! Are you still with me?" I yelled at her. "Hang in there!"

The man looked at me. "Now, preform the transmutation and become the fifth sacrifice."

I grunted angrily, stuck and trapped on what I should do. I don't have any options...

"Come on. If you don't hurry, the Lieutenant will be lost to you forever. Ah, I understand, would you like to transmute her after she's already died? That would be acceptable."

I shut my eyes tightly. There's no way out of this situation-

"I'm not gonna die.." Hawkeyes strained voice brought me out of my thoughts; I looked at her.