Lily: Four

I woke up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat. I looked up when the door (which was closed) slammed shut. I ran to the door, opened it quietly, and quickly hopped down the staircase. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a girl leave the portrait hole.

'I'm not supposed to leave the common room at night. I could get caught.' I told myself.

My instincts got the better of me and I walked out the portrait hole, too. I was scared half to death when James followed me, stepping on my heel; which was bare.

"James!" I whispered harshly.

He put his hand over my mouth and pointed out in front of us. The girl who'd left had just reached the bottom of the stairs when she turned around and stared straight up at us. Her eyes glowed bright green and her mouth was moving, but no sound came out. She raised her wand and fired a spell at James and I.

James pulled me back through the portrait hole, which was closing and the spell barely missed my head. I didn't know what had just happened, but I didn't want to go back to sleep. James sat me down on the couch and pretty soon, I fell asleep.
*
The next morning, I was lying on the couch alone. I quickly went up to change and went down for breakfast Lorcan and Lysander were already in the Great Hall when I sat down.

"Hey, Lils? You okay?" Lysander asked.

I smiled and nodded "Just a weird night."

We ate in somewhat silence, occasionally talking about homework that I forgot we had. Maybe if I wasn't almost killed by a weird girl in the middle of the night, I would've remembered it. Lysander looked at me weird, so I asked;

"Everything okay?"

Lysander looked into his eggs and nodded "Just remembered, I've got a test to study for this afternoon."

And he picked up his books and left the Great Hall. I looked at Lorcan for an explanation, but just shrugged and said;

"We don't have a test today."

Then, he picked up his books and stood up.

"Want me to walk you to class?" he asked, already picking up my books, too.

I smiled and nodded, standing up and walking to the end of the Great Hall with him. Anything to take my mind off of the girl.

'Maybe today will be chill....' I thought. Oh, boy, was I wrong.