Chapter 67 Nearing the end

Start from the beginning

Juleka nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, i couldn't say anything because it wasn't just about me. There were others that could be at risk too, but we've decided that it's best to tell our families." Luka braced himself, a nauseous feeling in his stomach. (His mind still set in no one can know). "I'm Viperion. That's why I've been secretive."

Juleka, his sweet baby sister, is pale and quiet as she takes it in.

Luka himself is feeling his body's less than happy response to him telling anyone that piece of information to anyone. His stomach in particular felt like it was turning inside out.

"Are you safe?"

He is about to answer, but hesitates. "No. I was in the beginning, but..." He trails off.

"Not anymore." Juleka finishes for him.

"Yeah."

The room is feeling cold. Luka takes the comforter from the end of his bed and wraps it around his shoulders.

"Can i ask who the others are?"

"Depends on who it is."

"Ladybug. Is Marinette Ladybug?"

He doesn't have to say anything. The silence is enough.

"She is. I can guess my way from there." Juleka is rubbing her eyes with her hands. "Can i help in any way?"

"If you get the chance, then please cover for them dissapearing. It's difficult enough already."

Juleka nods slowly. "Alright... Alright...."

Luka reaches out for a hug and Juleka lets him.

*****************************************************************

Amelie Graham de Vanily looked almost identical to the pictures of Adrien's mother.

"Let me see if i have understood this right. You want me to let my nephew stay in the same city as his abusive father and a super- villain that has been terrorizing the citizens for years. All because he is one of the heores defending it."

Marinette nods. "That is correct."

During the explanation Felix and Adrien had gravitated to the side of the table, leaving Marinette and Amelie face to face.

The teen doesn't know Amelie that good, only having met her a few times with Felix. Those times the woman had been nice and polite.

Now she was more stern and closed off.

It made Marinette feel like she was fighting for her right to stay in Adrien's life at all. Not just as his partner in hero form.

"Why would i do that?"

"Because you care about him and his mental health. Because seeing the city he grew up in, the city he loves and can remember his mother in and seeing it destroyed while knowing he can do something about him will hurt him. Because even if you take him out of the city he won't stop being one of us, we'll just go to greater lenghts to make sure he can be with us.

Because while you hate Gabriel, you give a damn about what your sister loved too. And she loved the city and her son."

Marinette's words are factual and clear. She's stating the truth and has now pushed the ball into Amelie's court.

It's quiet, the blond boys watching are sitting in the two chairs that were at the side of the table.

"Aunt Amelie."

The blonde woman looks over at his nephew.

"I will not abandon my team now. Not after four years of fighting by their side. We have come too far for that. If i leave then Paris is screwed in every way possible. I will not put them in that position."

The air is tense. Every piece of Marinette is ready to fight for her best friend.

"I will let you stay," She holds up a finger. "If you keep me updated on the situation. I am aware that you have been fighting without adults to help you for years now, but i will not leave you to sink or swim like that. Understood?"

Felix seemed distinctly amused as his cousin and his friend shared a surprised look.

"Understood." The two said in unison.

Amelie nodded in approval. "Now, Adrien, you need to get back before anyone notices that you're missing. I'm still working on the lawsuit after all. Marinette, you should also be getting back since it is late. Since you have the most contact with Adrien if anything happens you can contact me. That also counts for if you need anything."

Marinette couldn't help but feel like a weight had lifted off her shoulders.

The Wayne's finding out about her second life had been one thing, the whole family already have their own secret life.

Amelie and Felix doesn't have any secret lives. They don't find bad guys with superpowers.

They're just normal humans that have accepted them.

Marinette can feel a little happy feeling in her chest.

*********************************************************

The french part of W.E has rarely been used by the family personally.

Which meant the living space was looking pretty sterile when Damian and Tim started unpacking.

"When are you calling Marinette?" Tim asked, leaning against the doorframe of Damian's room.

"It's late, I'm planning on telling her tomorrow." Damian answers.

"Alright, well, goodnight!"

Ooookay, a few things

1: I'm currently sick and when I'm sick i can mess up pretty badly while writing. If i have then please point it out nicely.

2: i know Amelie isn't a super nice person in canon. At least not internally. She isn't here either, she just wants to help her nephew and his friend (and her own son's friend).

3: There's like, 4 chapters left.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)