Ch 2

Ben woke up breathing rapidly. He looked around and saw he was in a different room than the one on the ship. He held his head in pain as he heard a ringing sound.

"A storm, Eveline. The boat... Busted open and I was sucked out of the. Oh God, Eveline!" he yelled, falling out of the bed. He hit the floor and groaned in pain.
He looked at himself and saw he his shirt wasn't on and his chest was wrapped in bandages. He still had his pants on thou, but his pistol was missing.

He struggled as he pushed off the ground to stand up, leaning on a wall for support. He took in his surroundings. The room was actually a childs room with toys, stuffed animals, giant number blocks and a small bed right beside his. He looked at the bed and saw someone sleeping in it. He looked closer and saw Eveline sleeping in the bed. He stumbled to her, worried.

"Eveline." he said kneeling beside her. "Eveline are you okay? " he shook her awake. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. She saw Ben and practically jumped for joy as she stood on the bed. She seemed taller somehow.

"Benny! Your alright! " she yelled hugging him. Ben groaned as he felt pain on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Eveline do you know what happened?" he asked her. Eveline backed away looking at him nervously.

"You don't remember? " she asked.

"No, not much. I only remember the boat being torn apart. " he said. "And how long was I out? You seem taller. "

Eveline processed what Ben said and grind a little. "I don't know what happened. I woke up yesterday since the nice people saved us. "

When she said "Nice people" Ben looked worried. "Evie, who are these nice people? "

Before she could answer, the door opened as light came in the room. Ben turned around putting Eveline behind him, blocking her from the newcomer.
The newcomer was a young woman with short black hair, a white tank top, and grey yoga pants. She was carrying two pairs of clothes in her arms.

"Oh, your awake. " the woman said as she walked closer to them. Ben scooted back away with Eveline still behind him.
The woman stopped walking.
"It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you. " she said lifting her arms up, holding the clothes. "I just brought you some clothes. " she set the clothes down and went out the room, closing the door behind her.

Ben turned around to Eveline. "Is Alan here?" he asked.

"No. Just you Benny. " Eveline said.

Ben saw a nightstand at the foot of the bed he was in and saw his watch. He quickly walked to it, clutching his side. He picked it up and strapped it to his left wrist and pressed a button on it. The screen then showed a image of Alan on it. "Alan are you there? Alan? Alan! " the only response was static. "Damn it. " he said ending the call.

Ben looked back at Eveline and walked back to her. "Is everything going to be alright Benny? " she asked.

Ben ruffled her hair and she smiled, closing her eyes. "Yes everything is alright. Come on, we have to thank the people who saved us. " he said as he approached the folded clothes. He picked up the the grey shirt and put it on. He went to the door and opened it. He turned around and patted his theigh, signalling Eveline to follow. They walked down a hallway and down some stairs.

They walked into another hallway and saw a family talking to each other at a round table. One was a old man who was bald on the top of his head, had brown hair coming from his sides and beard. And was wearing a yellow shirt, blue jeans, and glasses.

The other was a old woman. She worn a plain Grey / pink shirts and a yellow skirt and was walking barefoot. She had brown hair tied in a pony tail.