3 | A Drink of Honesty

It was late at night.

Due to a long discussion, the meeting ended up late and all the Hashira was commanded to stay in the headquarters for the night because its already near sunrise. Y/N being the only female Hashira that time felt awkward so she just went outside and sat down as her head is running around with different  thoughts.

"Its cold outside,"

Urokodaki said from her back as he dropped a blanket in top of her head and sat down beside her.

"Hokkaido is colder," Y/N snickered.

There's silence for some moments, but not the awkward type of silence, instead a warm one. Y/N liked this situation, where she can feel comfort, although they didnt do much of a thing. A bond that was tied between them lead to this feeling.

"Y/N..."

"Hm?"

"Im sorry about earlier... You know, at the river. Im just.. Trying to play around a bit,"

"Quit it. Youre creeping me out, Ahokodaki,"

"..ha?"

"You're being awfully nice, its creeping me out.."

Urokodaki scratched his nape as his black hair was blown away by the wind. Y/N cant see his facial expression due to the mask on his face, but she knows that he's flustered. His ears are red. The girl felt a but flustered too but then fake punched Urokodaki and shake his shoulder a bit.

"Hey! Where is our cold, arrogant Urokodaki, give him back!!!" Y/N jokingly yelled as she shake his shoulders.

"OI! YOU TWO SHUT THE HELL UP!"

The current Wind Hashira yelled from inside. Making Y/N stopped due to enbarassment.

"Pfft-"

Both the Water Hashira and Winter Hashira laughed as Y/N is on Urokodaki's shoulder. Its actually a rare moment for them to relax and have a bonding time during night time fue to their duties. This moment is something they should save in their heart forever.

"N-Nee.. Urokodaki..."

"Hm?"

"Be honest... Do you think im suitable for this position?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Well.. Its just that i think im not contributing enough to the organisation for this position..."

"Hmm.. Oyakata-sama gave you the title, so your work must be worth it,"

Taking advantage of her position being on his back, Y/N pulled his ear a bit and speak right in his ear,

"I said be honest and do you think, Ahokodaki,"

"Fine, fine. Let go of my ear!"

Y/N let go of his ear, waiting for the answer. Lately, the Winter Hashira has been thinking that she's not worth the title bestowed to her. She's not as strong or as contributive as the other Hashiras, she always ask for some day-off every month despising the day offs during injuries or rehabilitation, and she wasnt a good mentor for anyone. For Urokodaki, he had something else about it. While rubbing his ear, Urokodaki began to share his opinion.

"I think your not worth it,"

".. I figure-"

"Youre not suppose to live hand in hand with death as a Demon Slayer, youre too nice. You deserve a peaceful life with a good man that will treat you like a Goddess. And therefore, i would like you to quit. Thats what i thought,"