Unfortunately, they hit the nail on the head and attempted to mess with the thing he cherished the most.

Li Zhixiong dared not imagine what was waiting for him ahead. Fear flooded his entire body, like an unstoppable rising tide. He no longer cared about his bleeding left leg as he kept begging for mercy, pleading that he had no idea Lady Wu was so indecent.

Baili Jia Jue did not glance at him at all, but he did not ask people to drag him to the guillotine either. Instead, he let him tremble in fear unceasingly in the middle of the Great Hall.

At first, Li Zhixiong felt relieved. However, after half a minute had passed, he realized that the Third Prince was doing it on purpose.

He made him let his guard down as he wanted him to feel the unspeakable, stabbing pain.

Since the wound on his left leg was bleeding profusely, he would naturally die within two hours, even if His Highness did not punish him.

The Retired Emperor also greatly detested these two ministers.

He knew how well Helian Wei Wei had performed in the Capital. This kind of daughter-in-law was simply one in a million.

Slandering Helian Wei Wei as a dangerous woman did sound like an amazing idea to them.

When the Xuanyuan Kingdom sent their messenger here, he discovered that a powerful and influential nation like the War Dragon Dynasty did not even have a qualified exorcist.

What have the four influential families been doing all these years?

They would only suggest political marriage and keep retreating when facing the enemy. They did not have an ounce of the bloodthirsty instinct a War Dragon Dynasty's civilian should possess!

Without Helian Wei Wei, our entire War Dragon Dynasty would be utterly disgraced!

He had no idea what his dear grandson would turn into. Perhaps, he would become a murderer who committed innumerable murders, or a person who possessed no spirit and vitality.

The Retired Emperor became distressed as he recalled the sufferings that Baili Jia Jue endured during his childhood, and his expression when he walked out of the fire during the incident.

The Retired Emperor had since come around, it did not matter even if Helian Wei Wei could not get pregnant in the future.

He still had Little Seven, right? When he grew up into an adult in the future, the bloodline of the royal family would survive and continue.

At that thought, the Retired Emperor did not utter a word but simply stroked Little Seven's head. He did not even glance at the bloodstains on the floor.

Li Zhixiong became more anxious when he noticed the Retired Emperor's attitude. He kept pleading and begging, "Retired Emperor, you have to believe me. I really don't know anything. I only have His Highness and the royal family's best wishes in mind. That's why I was concerned about the royal family bloodline! Retired Emperor, please!"

Of course, Helian Wei Wei knew what High Highness was going to do. She also understood what Li Zhixiong was currently talking about.

This person really deserves to die.

However, staining to the Great Hall in blood and ruining the Retired Emperor's mood for a useless person like him was not worth it...

"What did you want to tell me just now?"

While Helian Wei Wei was absorbed in her thoughts, Baili Jia Jue had already walked back to her. He used his long, fair fingers to take another chestnut and seemed to be planning to continue feeding her. His movement was naturally elegant while his lateral face was still handsome and regal, it was as if what had happened in the Great Hall had nothing to do with her.