Chapter 3: I Have To Tell Her

Mike's POV
It was incredible! I strolled up to the DG with my chin up and the widest grin. Cam and I talked for hours, Tracy was with the kids on a sleep-in, so I stayed at the flat till midnight. We had countless laughs, I got to know her properly and it was GREAT. She is kind, sarcastic, ambitious and we arranged another date for next week! But... that means I have to tell Tracy....

The second I step foot in the door, my smile is overshadowed by nerves. "MORNING!" I echo. And of course The Kids and Tracy shout back so loud the house visibally shakes. Gina rolls her eyes. I go into the office and there she is, blissfully unaware.
"Tracy!" As I greet her I get increasingly more terrified...

"How are you? How was your night? Tracy asks innocently, Cam definitely hasn't told her. Okay... I guess, same old. Same old. I let out a suspiciously nervous laugh, if I carry on like she's going to think something's wrong... So I change the conversation. How were the kids? Give you any trouble? Mike, I rang you every hour... Why are you being weird?" I can't get interrogated I have to tell her... I have to tell her... I have to tell her.
.....
YOU?! AND CAM?! Tracy roared out, she powerwalked to the door, got in the minibus and drove... fast!

Cam's POV
The door crashes open. "YOU?! AND MIKE?!" Oh no, she's mad. "Yes! Me and Mike! I tried to sound assertive, I was actually quite scared. What's so wrong with that?"  I ask, instantly realising it's a stupid question, "Have you seen him?!" She widly points to his face, "Oi! Theres nothing wrong with my face!"

"NOT NOW MIKE!"

"Are you sure you mean Mike?! My Mike?! Goes bowling when he's sad, can't cook, was balding as a teenager Mike?! "Yes that Mike!" I stubbornly protest, "We've got a lot in common!" "Oh you mean apart from both raising me!" "Tracy I didn't sit with a blindfold on all night okay?! Our date was nice, we got to know eachother... "YOUR WHAT!" Tracy squalled. Uh oh, shouldn't have said that... "You went on a date... with my mum?!" Tracy's voice hightens as she steps face-to-face with Mike. "I have to work with you!" Mike bows his head. "You're basically my dad already but now what? What you wanna date Cam?... No. No way." and that was it, she stromed out, slamming the door behind her.