1

brainstorm - arctic monkeys

after being ruthlessly taunted by his alarm, karl begrudgingly got out of bed. he stretched and whispered a few words of encouragement under his breath. once he saw the state of himself he immediately cleaned himself up. changing out of his now wrinkly t-shirt and into a comfy pullover, paired nicely with a pair of dark jeans. after a pleasant saunter through his house, he picked up small pieces of trash and collected rogue dishes that managed to disperse themselves over time. before he could fully take in his hard work he heard a soft 'ding' come from his computer just upstairs. he quickly lit a few candles downstairs then sprinted upstairs. passing his previously unmade bed and sat down in his office chair and moved his mouse causing his monitors to whir back to life. he opened discord to see a text from one of his best friends, nick, better known as sapnap.

sapnap @ 15:38PM
hey karl you wanna hop on a call later and maybe stream?

messages from sapnap always made him smile, no matter the context. just knowing nick bothered texting karl made him feel a bit appreciated.

karl is typing...

karl @ 15:44PM
sure id love to :]
whatever time works for you

quickly karl saw sapnap typing a response.

sapnap @ 15:45PM
i mean, if you can right now thatd be great

his face lit up. hearing nicks voice was always a lovely experience, the way his voice fell deep when he was concerned or when he yelled happily when he was excited always provoked something deep within karl. not arousal or anything weird, it just always made him melt. hearing nick happy or listening to him express he cares never failed to make karl smile brightly.

karl @ 15:47PM
yeah right now works!!

soon after pressing enter he heard the sound of sap calling him. immediately, karl pressed accept. "hi karl!" sapnap said on the other side of the line. "hey there!" you could hear karl smiling.

"do you wanna stream now or just talk for a bit?"

"maybe we could talk for a bit? i woke up just about two hours ago im not too sure im ready to stream."

"thats ok! im fine with talking."

the two chatted for almost a half hour before karl remembered what they intended on doing.

"it was crazy, karl!! the waves were so high and the water felt so ni-"

"hey werent we supposed to stream?" karl subconsciously cut off sapnap. quickly coming to and muttering a few apologies, resulting in sapnap just laughing at karls obliviousness.

"yeah we were, but if you dont want to yet we dont have to."

karl wanted to sit there for hours and drown in sapnaps voice, but he knew that he couldnt.

"no no, we can." karl said with feigned enthusiasm. "if youre still up for it, of course."

nick quickly hummed a simple reassurance.

"ok im gonna hop on then."

"i will too," they both softly chuckled, simply enjoying the others company.

following the beginning of both karls and sapnaps streams, they hopped onto the dream smp. planning to build a simple treehouse or to talk to the others and stroll around the world. about forty minutes into the stream, karl heard a familiar bubbly sound, notifying karl that someone had joined the vc. "hi there!" karl greeted, with his usual cheerful tone. "hey." sapnap followed suit, greeting them as well. "hi guys!" george said happily. the three chatted peacefully while a few others had joined the vc as well. soon there was six people in the vc and they all cheerfully conversed and joked around on the server.

"i would never burn down georges gay little cottage, im too manly for that." tommy defended.

quickly, dream spoke on behalf of an afk george. "you literally just argued with george, youre immature enough to burn down someones house over something simple."

"frankly, i can see why tommy would do that. george did say some pretty mean shit." quackity joked, he knew that tommy absolutely burnt down georges house.

"tommy, why the honk would you burn down georges cottage?" karl butted in, his voice laced with annoyance. i, too, would be fed up with the immature bickering.

"because george is a little bitch!" tommy retorted.

"he has a point," sapnap said in agreement with tommy.

once they all heard georges voice greet everyone sweetly they quickly fell silent.

"guys? you there?" george asked softly.

"yeah sorry." dream was the first to speak up.

after a few others made their presence known again they casually chatted, pretending a heated argument didnt spark as soon as george excused himself. soon though, the tension melted away and everyone was happy once more as they enjoyed each others company.

karl checked the stream time, the small clock reading '2:13:56'. it was already a pretty long stream so he quickly decided to wrap it up by having everyone say goodbye to chat.

after hugging the stream goodbye he ended it then slowly but surely, everyone left the vc. leaving just sapnap and karl by themselves. "that was a nice stream i had a lot of fun!!" sapnap said happily. "yeah, me too!" karl said with false joy. "hey, are you ok? just making sure." sap asked softly.

"uhm," he hesitated. "i guess i am."

"why the 'i guess'?"

"im not sure, just been feeling weird lately."

"oh, why so?"

"i dont know, im sure ill be fine though!"

"oh." sapnap almost sounded... disappointed?

"is something wrong?"

"no no! nothings wrong. i just want you to know that im always here to talk if you need it!" he reassured.

"awhhhh, thank you sappy."

"of course cutie." the name always made blood rush to karls cheeks, and god did he hate it.

"i think im gonna hop off now!"

"ok!! bye karl!"

"bye sap!"

and with that, karl left the vc. sapnap soon following suit.

karl swiftly got up from his chair and decided to go downstairs and grab a monster and a blankie to cuddle into while he watched tv. after picking a show to watch, he set the remote down and got comfortable. not too long after the show began playing, karl felt his eyelids get heavier and the sounds of the tv begin to fade. gently drifting off to sleep.

a/n: [deleted the old one] I WILL BE REDOING THIS ENTIRE FIC so wait 4 that ig :D

word count: 1094
STAY SAFE DRINK WATER AND LUV URSELF O_o -jona