Part 1: The Fight

(Hey guys!! This is my first time posting on WattPad, so hopefully I did a good job. I hope you enjoy the story! I've been writing for a while and I have been wanting to post for a while. I do have more of this if you vote and comment if you like it! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE comment! FYI there's a disclaimer in the part before this one.)

I didn't realize when I laid my head on Link's shoulder. My eyes were closed; I was exhausted from traveling Hyrule with him. Battling monsters constantly was taking its toll on my body.

I was sitting to Link's left, leaning up against a tree on Hyrule Field. I were supposed to help keep watch with Link, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open...

The only thing that slightly woke I was when Link laid my head down in his lap so I could sleep easier.

When I finally opened my eyes, it was just past dawn.

I instantly recognized the girl who was approaching.

"Link!" I shook him awake after sitting up. "Link, it's Malon!"

He opened his eyes to see my (e/c) orbs watching his, and then saw me point to Malon, but he noticed something in her stride that just wasn't right...

I turn and greet her with a sweet smile, while Link watched her every move suspiciously and reached for his sword...just in case he was right.

"Hi, (y/n)!" she chirped.

"Hey, Malon!" I laugh. "What are you doing so far away from the ranch?"

"Oh, Father sent me to do some business out here."

"Wha-"

"(Y/n), we have a long journey ahead of us. We better get going."

"Aww, but..."

"(Y/n)!" Link rounded on me. His gaze softened, and he spoke softly, "Sorry. I just don't think we should stay here."

"But Malon..."

"(Y/n)," Link whispered, leaning forward to speak softly in my ear. "I don't think that's Malon. She wouldn't come all this way...during the night, even...just to speak with us."

"Now that I think about it, you're right."

"It's probably some kind of monster that either can imitate what people look like, or can possess them."

(A/N – Before we go on any farther, I should tell I that you had a curse placed on you when you were young, causing your senses to sharpen extraordinarily, and you can transform into a wolf.)

Behind me, I heard the air whoosh, and I push Link down, falling next to him...to see a dagger whiz just over us.

I shifted instantly into my wolf form (you can look any way you think is cool) and took a threatening stance.

Link drew his sword, and we were both ready for the next attack.

'Malon' laughed. "You think you can fight me? I promise you...that's a mistake."

I bare my teeth at 'Malon' and snarl viciously.

"Oh, I'm so scared! A big, scary wolf is going to kill me!" 'she' mocked and glared at me, and her eyes changed color – to a crimson red – for a brief second, then agony hit me harshly, my body feeling the pain from everywhere.

"Stop it!" Link charged her, but couldn't land a hit to take her concentration off of me.

Gathering my head (somehow), I gritted my teeth and stumbled away, behind a tree...and the agony eased away.