"Go bestie!" Sirius cheered on as Daisy chugged the rest of it. "That's what they say in the future in my DR! Go bestie!"

Daisy giggled, having no idea what he was talking about. She felt the alcohol kicking in and everything started to get fuzzy and move slower, just a tad bit. The brunette felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned around to see James.

"Merlin, we're here for less than 10 minutes and both of you are already drunk!" he exclaimed. "Imagine Mum's face when she sees you guys!"

"Oh I can imagine it," Sirius laughed. He bent his head down and leaned it on Daisy's shoulder for support. "She'll be like 'Sirius, honey, what were you thinking?' and I'd be like 'I was thinking that I wanted to get drunk!'"

"Merlin, okay. Let's go," James decided aloud. "I'll drive around a bit so you two can sober up before we got back home. Okay? How does that sound?"

"Sounds like it sucks arse, Prongs!" Sirius shouted, shit-faced drunk as predicted. "Daisy, you know why we call him Prongs?" He lowered his voice and leaned closer, his breath on Daisy's cheek. "Because he can turn into-"

"That's enough," James said, putting his hand on top of Sirius' mouth and pushing him backwards so he wasn't so close to Daisy. "Come on." 

"Nphmp uwoa," Sirius started. His voice was being muffled by James' hand and James rolled his eyes before removing his hand and letting it fall back to his sides. "I said, I wanna dance first."

Before waiting for James' approval, Sirius grabbed Daisy's hand and brought her back to the main room, where there were tons of writhing bodies moving together. James would hardly call it dancing. 

Sirius and Daisy danced together, which was more like jumping around rather than actual dancing. James watched them with an amused face and leaned against a wall, letting Daisy and Sirius dance for a few more minutes.

Eventually Daisy and Sirius got a little to close and James swiftly pushed through the crowd. He grabbed both of their hands and dragged his friends back to the convertible. Sirius laid down in the backseat and transformed into a black dog while Daisy laid in the passenger seat.

The hood on the convertible was up and James started to drive through the night. Daisy heard the sound of the wind and she stuck her hand out of the window.

The sticky air collided with the cold breeze and it numbed Daisy's fingers as she made little wave motions with her hands, causing Daisy to snap back to reality a bit. There was no music playing on the radio. It was just peaceful silence.

The navy blue car eventually slowed to a stop and James got out and walked around so he opened the door for Daisy. Sirius trotted out on his own, still in his dog form, and barfed all over the cement.

"Alright, that's enough. Come on, Pads," James commanded as he pat Sirius' side. The bespectacled boy picked up Daisy bridal style and she dramatically laid her arms out and stuck her tongue out as she pretended she was dead.

James only rolled his eyes at the dramatics as he locked the car door and walked over to the porch. He rang the doorbell while Sirius rammed into the door by accident, head first. The black dog stumbled backwards dizzily and collapsed onto the floor, passed out.

Fleamont opened the door with raised eyebrows but didn't as any questions as he heaves Sirius into his arms and began to climb up the stairs. James used his foot to close the door quickly before following his father.

The raven-haired teen set Daisy down in a bed in their guest room and fell back onto his own bed shortly after.

-----

Lily heard the multiple voices of the boys she was once so familiar with when she dated James. The redhead slowly walked over to her window and pushed the curtain aside, but only a sliver so she could see what was going on.

Daisy ran out to greet them, bringing them all into long hugs. Their laughter drifted towards Lily's room easily but none of them even glanced in her direction, or even noticed she was there.

Lily usually never had a problem being the center of attention but now, the Marauders met Daisy and they seemed to like that Evans much more than the Evans they were provided with. Lily felt guilty for dumping James and she hated that he was back on his feet so easily. The worst part was the person who helped him get back on his feet, who helped him forget Lily Evans so easily. 

Her sister.

Lily laid back on her bed and put her pillow over her head. She hoped that the pillow would tune out the sound of their laughter and chattering outside but it only muffled it. 

The redhead wondered if she would have been in Daisy's place if she hadn't dumped James. If they would have that kind of summer, a summer that was so fun and so adventurous. She'd hoped that something like that would've happened but she knew that the only reason why the Marauders were having so much fun was because of Daisy. If she was in Daisy's place, they probably would've been sitting around in the Potter Manor playing a board game.

Lily had hoped that James would've moped all summer and eventually come back to her, crying. It was a horrible wish but Lily really hoped that James would realize how awful his life was without her and would beg for forgiveness. Instead, he was off having the time of his life.

Maybe Lily was his anchor, the thing that prevented him from having such a fun life. The person who made him think rationally and act mature when in reality, James was still a teenager and he still wanted to have fun.

It was crazy how James could chase Lily for years and forget her so easily when a better substitute comes in. 

Lily stood up and made her way over to the window again to see the Marauders jumping into Daisy's car. Sirius' sneakers landed on her beige seats but Daisy didn't correct him or scold him, like Lily would've done.

Lily understood that she was more of a goody-two shoes but she could have fun if she really wanted to, if she had the chance. At least, that's what Lily believed.

On the other hand, Lily didn't believe that she did anything wrong to be shunned out. In reality, she was the one who shunned James and the Marauders out. They were just doing the best they could without her. And they were having fun.

Sirius stood up in the convertible and Daisy just laughed while starting the car. Lily would've told him to sit down because it wasn't safe.

Lily finally understood that her and Daisy were very different people. Daisy was one of those girls who never wanted to grow old and Lily was one of those people who wanted to get older and more mature. She wanted to become an adult as quickly as possible.

But what Lily didn't understand was why they chose Daisy over her. Why did James pretend that Daisy was the only friend in the Evans household? Why did they suddenly pretend like Lily didn't exist? She always considered herself better than Daisy until now, when people she's known for years chose a girl they just met over her.

Sirius continued to stand while Daisy drove away at a speed that surely broke the limit in their neighborhood and Lily should've reported them to the authorities. Instead, she just went back to her bed glumly and laid there, staring at the ceiling.