Chapter 1

Reminder that all of this is going to be in third person, though the omnipresence (overview) will be set over different people at different points in time. For this chapter it will be following Bakugou and his thought processes, but it'll jump over other people momentarily as well.

------

Bakugou nodded as he listened to the tellings of his latest patient Akiyama Junichi. He quickly wrote down notes as his patient told them to him, though he was still listening intently. He didn't ever want to make his patients feel as though he wasn't paying attention to them.

"He n-never wanted to let me go, y'know?," Akiyama said while crying into his hands. "A-Always said that I was some kind of 'precious gem' h-he didn't wanna let anyone steal? I dunno.." the younger male trailed off.

Bakugou hummed and got up from his chair, going to sit beside his patient. "It's hard to understand the workings of people like that, but you have to know that absolutely none of this was your fault and it couldn't have been prevented by you, Junichi. The fact is that you have to also understand that you have your parents, your family, and me to help you heal along the way," he reassured softly.

He sat there the whole while Akiyama cried, gently rubbing the younger's back to help him through the tears. "I'm here for you, it'll be alright. He can't hurt you anymore- he's behind bars and with all of the people around you that love you? He wouldn't even stand a chance!," he assured, gently bumping shoulders with Akiyama.

Bakugou's grin spread when he saw one growing on Akiyama's face. "There you go! Now, you parents are here to pick you up. Remember to take your medicine on time and that you have an appointment with Dr. Kirishima next, okay?," he said while getting up, leading his patient out the door.

He waved goodbye to them and sat back down in his chair, sighing as he reviewed and scanned over his notes. He spun towards his desk and pressed the number nine on his phone, picking it up to dial Kirishima's number.

"Moshi-moshi?," he heard from the other line. "Hey Ei, I need you to tell me who my next appointment is for the day," Bakugou asked in a gruff voice. "Well actually you don't have anymore today Kat, so you're pretty much free to do whatever you want for the rest of the time." the red-head replied.

Bakugou replied with a curt 'thanks' and hung up, rolling away from his desk towards the small table in the corner of his room he compiled his notes on. He was ready to start on the draft for the first chapter of his story, but he felt as though he was still missing something.

Tapping his chin with the side of his finger, he decided to get up and walk into the lobby area where the rest of his friends were seated. He plopped down onto the couch and let out a heavy sigh.

"Kat what's wrong?," Mina asked, stopping her conversation with Sero. Bakugou turned towards her and rubbed his temples gently. "Well you know that I'm starting my fourth book, this time the topic being Stockholm Syndrome right?," he asked and Mina nodded.

"It's a fairly interesting study to me because I really find the effects and therapies fascinating, but I feel like I just don't have enough information on the subject to write an accurate book, you know? With serial killers it was much easier because there was so much information to consume at the ready that it was fairly simple to complete an entire book based off of prior knowledge!

But with this...with Stockholm Syndrome it's much harder because not many studies have been done on it. Usually it's about the terrible effects someone's patients had after being kidnapped, but Stockholm Syndrome is extremely rare and only concerns about 8% of all victims!," he added while throwing up his hands in the air.

Mina furrowed her eyebrows and looked over to Sero. Sero gave her back a strange look- as if they were hiding something they weren't telling the rest of the group.