A Living Hell

Hailey had grown closer and closer to her father, he stayed as they were having a family game night, she constantly had to help her father with how to play and the rules, and Stella kept winning. Hailey had been sitting cuddled up next to her father when she discovered that he had gotten an SOS message from Emily.

She nudged her father in the rib "check your phone" She murmured, and she gulped, Stella and Abeline looked at Hailey "cheating are we, Hailey Blake Walker?" her grandmother says firmly as Stella chuckled. Hailey went bright red, almost like she was embarrassed, she had never been good with confrontations. 

Cordell glared at his mother "Leave her alone" He said annoyed with the way they are treating his middle child, he then rose to his feet and called his wife, something wasn't right. "Emily?" She overheard her father say in a soft tone, then silence... "Emily?" he repeated followed by more silence, she overheard her mother's frightened voice saying that she just had to call him because she felt like something isn't right... She heard her mother's cries out in hopelessness.

The atmosphere was cold and almost eerie that was until two deadly gunshots rang from the other end, and a scream... adrenaline tore through her body, she quickly glanced at her father before rapidly standing up and running to her father, pulling him into a tight embrace. Her mother had been murdered out of cold blood, she knew she had. She just didn't want to believe it. Denial is one of the stages of grief, and the stage that Hailey stayed in for the longest.

Hailey listened to her sister laughing along with her brother, uncle, and grandparents, she sighed as she was taking her father outside "dad... hey talk to me" she says reassuringly as she glanced away for a second before looking at where her father had stood, he was now sitting crumpled on the ground weeping.

Hailey had escorted her father inside, and they both looked at each other and then at August and Stella "take our turns" they said together in unison. uncomfortable glances were casted across the room. Hailey clutched her father's hand for reassurance as they snatched their jackets and walked out of the farmhouse hand in hand.

Cordell kept trying Emily's phone, but no answer, completely defeated now he turns to his daughter and smiles "You look so much like your mother..." he murmured expecting the worse, Hailey half-heartedly smiled "dad she could be okay" she responded hoping that she was right...

 She didn't really look like her mother, her older sister Bella, looked like the perfect mix of them growing up, she couldn't make a comparison now as she hadn't seen her sister for a few years now. So she didn't know what she looked like, Bella always rebelled against what her parents had to say, tattoos and piercings were the main ones that she rebelled on.

Hailey was watching as her father's blue eyes filled up with tears, she sighed as they stopped walking, and she wrapped her arms over her father's shoulders to offer comfort, she stroked his back after "I'm here dad... I'll always be here". She replied, her words getting lost in her fathers' jacket, she started weeping softly, she hoped that her mother was alright.