melancholist

We're halfway through the last period, the class ended all the chattering and focused on our sensei.

I can hear Tsukasa-kun bothering Akane-kun with his pencil, and I noticed that Lemon-kun is using his phone behind his book. Ao-chan is looking pretty today, too...and Fuji-kun is being quiet, like the shy boy he is.

It is a normal school day...

"Yashiro~~~" There he goes. I forgot Amane-kun is here too, sitting behind me.

"Can you give me the answer to this question~? Pretty pleeease~?"
"Amane-kun! We're in the middle of class!" I spoke under my breath. I slightly turned around and gave him a gaze of disapproval. 
"I know, buuut-" 

"𝘈𝘩𝘦𝘮..." Tsukasa-kun sat back on his seat and got his pencil out of Akane-kun's hair, Lemon-kun looked up as if the teacher didn't notice the phone, Ao-chan smiled and Fuji-kun looked around.

"Class, pay attention please."
"Yes, sensei." We said in a chorus.

"Yup. So, as I was saying..."

I used my little mermaid scale mirror to look at Amane-kun behind me, grinning a bit.

He didn't notice, he was writing something on his notebook as his red pen with the shiny moon pendant made a calming sound.

Amane-kun...I have such contrasting feelings for him. 

We are kind of polar opposites, yet...He's somehow my closest friend? He has always been there for me...Always cheering for me and having my back. That guy is sure a mysterious one, sometimes I can't figure out if he's serious or not...Sometimes he acts like a whole different person. Though he's annoying, and a big pervert...I am very glad he's my friend.

Honestly...Middle school lil' Nene-chan would have already fallen in love with him. But...since a few weeks ago, I completely changed.

That takes me back...

"Nene-chan! So, how did it go with that senpai? Eh-..."
"A-Ao-chan...!" I turned around, thick tears flowing down my face as my eyeliner got smudged.

The world crushed upon me. It took me years...and for what?

"Nene-chan...Come here." Aoi sat next to me on the bench in front of the garden and embraced me, humming softly trying to comfort me.

"Ee--eegh...! Da...daik-kon...!" I screamed in emotional pain.

"Eh? Daikon?..." 

Yeah, never again. Since that rejection I gave up on romance. Not even the coolest senpai of the school, Minamoto-senpai, excites me anymore. 

Everyone's concerned for me...I was known for being a hopeless romantic, with super high standards...Only that senpai and Ao-chan know the truth.

I don't care about being the popular girl anymore. And I will never be as pretty and popular as Ao-chan...I can't get rid of my legs...

And I'll never meet the man of my dreams. I just gave up.

The school bell rang, though I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't move a finger. Everyone continued their chattering, and I observed everything go by.

Tsukasa-kun stole Akane-kun's glasses and he's trying them on, laughing very loudly.

Ao-chan is trying to reason with Tsukasa-kun, but it's useless.

Lemon is filming everything while giggling silently.

Fuji-kun got outside already.

"𝘉𝘰𝘰~!!" 

"KYAAA!!"

Amane-kun hugged me from behind and scared me real bad, he giggled even louder than Tsukasa-kun and didn't let go.

"A-Amane-kuuuun!!" I got up and pushed his arms away, before I knew it my friends were all around us.

"Sorry, sorry! Yashiro~~ your face was amazing! Oi, Lemon! Did you get that on camera?"
"Yup. I'll send it to the groupchat."
"W-wait nooooo~!" I whined out, clenching my hands. Everyone soon got a notification on their phones.
"Yamabuki-kun~ that's too much~~! Heheh!" Not you too, Ao-chan!!
Tsukasa-kun was trying to get Amane-kun to hold him, while the rest of my friends chatted.

Ah, now we're probably going to part ways to go eat something. Amane-kun will probably chase after me, and Tsukasa-kun will chase after him, and Kou-kun will try to protect me, and Mitsuba-kun will chase after Kou, then...

Uwaaaa~...I have a lot of friends, it can get tiring...

"So, Yashiro! What are you doing now? Let's go eat at the rooftop?"
"Ah, yes! Wait for me, I'll be there!"
"Alright-"
"Amaneeee!! I'm coming too! Can I bring Natsuhiko and Sakura too?? And Mitsuba-kun??? And Shijima-san??? And-"
"Tsukasa! I-I told you about this, didn't I..." 
"Yes! You love Ya-"
"SHHH! Shut-!" Amane-kun covered Tsukasa-kun's mouth with his hand.

Silence settled upon us. Until Ao-chan broke the silence.

"Y-Ya...? Wait! 𝘠𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘣𝘶𝘬𝘪-𝘬𝘶𝘯?!" She yelled out.
"Wha...No, no wait! I-It's not what I-" He answered, red faced.
"Aha...cool?" Lemon-kun didn't take his eyes off the phone, yet looked somehow interested

"Amane-san, 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶..." Akane-kun fixed his glasses and grinned awkwardly.

"Y-YOU'RE WRONG!" Amane-kun got really flustered and ran off with Tsukasa. 

Everyone started laughing, I was giggling too.

Of course, Tsukasa-kun was going to say "Yashiro", not "Yamabuki"...

I hope so?