Daisy silently entered and closed the door behind her, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Blimey, Dais. It's late," James noted, glancing at his clock. "What're you doing here?"

"Couldn't sleep," Daisy answered. She stood at the edge of James' bed and nodded her head towards his open window. "You wanna go watch the sunrise?"

"No," he mumbled, putting his glasses back onto the nightstand. He held his hand out and curled it into his palm, repeating the motion like a baby grabbing a toy. "Come 'ere, Dais."

Daisy didn't move and James lurched forward, grabbing Daisy's hand. He laid back down and held onto Daisy's hand, rubbing it soothingly with the pad of his thumb. "Sleep," he demanded, his voice raspy and raw.

"I wanna go watch the sunrise though," Daisy whispered, her lips hovering over James' ear. Her voice tickled his ear and James twitched, becoming verbally non-responsive. Daisy let out a sigh and gently pried her hand from James'.

The Evans girl walked over to the window and cracked it open a bit more. James' room was facing his backyard and there just happened to be a fire escape in front of his window.

Daisy smiled to herself and looked back at a sleeping James before slipping out of his neat bedroom and onto the platform. She looked down when her feet were met with an unfamiliar cold feeling and Daisy realized that she wasn't wearing shoes or socks.

Not wanting to go back, Daisy grabbed the sturdy ladder and began climbing, her hands wrapping around the handles. The brunette finally reached the roof and she looked at the night sky, where the sun started to show from the treeline. 

Daisy sat down on the surprisingly clean roof, her grey leggings making contact with the painted flooring. A few minutes later, James sat down next to her with his knees brought up to his chest. "Mum would kill me if something happened to you," James said calmly.

His gaze was fixed out onto the horizon and Daisy smiled at him. "This was, by far, the best summer I've ever had," Daisy admitted.

"Same here," the wizard replied. "Will you write to me in America?"

"I hate to say it but I don't think so," the brunette answered honestly. "I wish I could but the only way we'd be able to contact is by owl, because of your school's rules. And I doubt your owl wants to fly from America to Scotland and back all in one day, all the time."

"Well, when I leave Hogwarts, I could find you," James suggested. "I'm sure Lily would know where you are."

Daisy let out a light laugh and James cracked a smile, although he didn't understand why she was laughing. James believed that Daisy's middle name was very exact and very true for her. She truly was a child of light. 

"I doubt I'd be contacting Lily once I get to America. I don't plan on it at least," Daisy shrugged. "I mean, I know she's my sister but she's kind of a jerk. All she'd do is talk down to me. I'm sure she'd find a way to do it over letters."

"I've always wanted a sister," James said. "But I think it's fine now, because I've got three brothers." Daisy smiled at James, searching his crystal blue eyes skeptically. There was so much going on in James' mind, so many gears turning every second of the day. He never said what he was thinking aloud but Daisy could tell.

"I'll make you a deal, Potter. We might not be able to keep in contact but how about we plan to see each other?" Daisy offered gingerly. "5 years from now, on August 13th, I will meet you in the abandoned parking lot."

"What if it's not abandoned anymore?"

"I don't care," she giggled. "I will see you there in my awesome convertible, whether it's abandoned or not. Deal?"