"And to think I was going to give you cookies," you murmur.

There's the sound of a chair rolling across the floor, and Sasha stands up so fast that she nearly throws her computer monitor into you. "You what?!" she screeches, causing Connie to clap his hands over his ears. "I'm so sorry! I'll never bet against you again! I-"

"Sasha," Erwin says from Historia's desk- holy crap, did he hear all that? "What did we say about groveling?"

Sasha mumbles something under her breath and sits back down. Erwin smiles and turns back to Historia. You smirk to yourself and reach into your bag, pulling out a cookie for Sasha. She beams gratefully and takes it from you, her eyes bright.

You can't believe this is only day six; it feels like you've been here for years.

.

On day thirteen, a warm September Wednesday, your computer crashes.

You're not sure where it comes from or what you did to cause it, but either way, it happens. You stare at your computer in shock as it goes black. Then, a small circular icon comes up, spinning lazily in a circle with a small note under it that reads restarting.

Your jaw slips open, and "oh, shit," escapes your lips.

You'd just been working on a huge case file for one of Levi's next clients, someone he was going to pitch a big sale too. You'd been working on it for most of yesterday and all of this morning, and it's gone. 

"No, no, no," you whisper under your breath. You'd saved it, right? It'll be around here somewhere. Right?

You glance up. Sasha and Connie are both absent and have been since ten this morning; they're out in meetings with clients. You turn back to your computer. It's started up, and you enter your login information and click quickly for the folder you thought the document might be in. Not there.

Shit. Levi's meeting is today, this afternoon, and you just lost the file you were supposed to give him. 

"Oi, how's that case file coming?"

Oh, Levi's timing couldn't possibly be worse. You turn in your chair. He's leaning against his office door, flipping through a few sheets in his binder. "I, uh..." you start, voice trailing off.

He looks up. He must realize how panicked you look, because his eyebrows raise. "Now what?"

You feel ridiculously small as you whisper, "my computer crashed."

"And?"

"And I can't find the file where I thought I saved it."

"You've tried the search function?"

"Yes."

Levi's frown deepens and you want to sink through your seat, into the floor, and never come back. He walks towards your computer, putting a hand on your mouse. "Shit happens," he says gruffly, leaning over you. He starts clicking and scrolling through your folders. "You think you're the first person that this happened to? We've got a back up drive."

"Oh," you murmur, shoulders sinking in relief.

Levi's hovering quite close to you, leaving only a few inches of space as he navigates through your computer screen. You're about to move when you feel his fingers lightly settle on your back, and your whole spine straightens up. "Relax," he mutters, and you're not sure whether he's telling you to relax about the computer crashing or his two fingers on your back.

You bite your lip, keeping yourself quiet. It feels like his touch is sending electric currents up your spine. 

"There," Levi says, letting go of the mouse and pointing at the screen. "Our back ups. Everything you save is automatically saved here as well."