𝟏.𝟎𝟒 𝙏𝙤 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝘼 𝙢𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡

Start from the beginning

"But you remember that tree?" Sophie pressed.

"You guys, its not that weird. I mean, we came out here in eighth grade like every day...even after" Hanna said.

"I think this is totally the wrong place to do this, whatever you call it...shrine?" Spencer grimaced.

"It's not a shrine, it's a place to remember Ali. What's wrong with that?" emily asked.

"Nothing, it's just that out here makes it look a little suspicious, like were trying to hide something" Spencer explained.

"You're worried about what other people will think?"

"Well aren't you?" Sophie jumped in, "Look Spence has a point, we really don't need to give that creepy detective any more of a reason to question us"

"Hanna, why are you so quiet?"

"I'm trying to keep the bugs in my nose and out my mouth"

"You're allowed to have an opinion on this" Emily continued.

"You know what I think?" she began, "I think we hold off this thing until we know she's still not here"

"Hanna!" Spencer scolded, "They found her body"

"You think she's still alive?" Emily asked.

"Stop. I'm officially creeped out" Aria shuddered. "Can we just not-"

"You know, you asked for my opinion, I don't really think she's gone" Hanna said, cutting Aria off as she began to walk away.

Sophie remained silent during the girl's exchange, deciding not to give her opinion on the matter. The truth is that a part of her agreed with Hanna. She had this feeling deep down that Ali wasn't gone, that this was all just a mistake.

She knew that this was probably just her being in denial about Ali being well and truly gone, but she couldn't shake the feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"We went to her funeral" Spencer argued.

"Yeah well, we also got a text from her afterwards remember" Sophie said finally, pushing some branches out of her face as they all stalked after Hanna.

"It wasn't her. Someone is messing with us" Emily argued.

"How do you know that?" Hanna snapped, "And what about those nasty messages, how is it that this 'A' person knows stuff that only Ali knew?"

"Okay can we just stop talking about this? This conversation is giving me hives" Aria said.

"Are you sure they aren't mosquito bites?" Sophie teased earning a dirty look from Aria and a snort of laughter from Hanna.

"Have you had any more messages Soph?" Emily asked.

"No" she said shaking her head, "haven't you?"

Suddenly, the sound of branches snapping behind them brought the girls' attention to their surroundings. Sophie felt her blood run cold at the thought of them being followed.

"What was that?" Sophie asked, her voice shaking slightly.

"Hello" Hanna called out, "Is anyone there?"

"Han, it's just a rabbit" Spencer said.

"Hello?" Spencer said again.

"It's a rabbit Hanna. It's not going to answer you"

"Can we just go to the shed?" Emily asked cautiously looking around, but before any of them could move, there was another sound from behind them. Another twig had snapped, and it was then that they realised that it wasn't a rabbit.