𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

Start from the beginning

"Probably not, because he went back to his home after the Jared incident." Y/n informed.

"We should probably get started now, before it's too late." The blond suggested, taking her arm an dragging her away again. "Speaking of which, do you know where-"

"Tommy and Y/n!" A worried voice cut them off, as the pair quickly looked up and locked eyes with brown ones.

"Tubbo! Big man! What- What're you doing here?" Tommy blurted nervously, trying to make it look like nothing was wrong, praying he hadn't hear the rumors. 

"I'm here to check on you both. Are the rumors true? The crowd is getting restless." Tubbo asked, lowering down his voice.

"Well, not all of them." Y/n said.

"What do you mean not all of them?" The brunet inquired.

"It's true that Y/n found Wilbur's ghost." The child explained. 

"He's nice though! Please don't worry." She added.

The bee lover looked a bit shocked at first, but then took a deep breath. "Alright, I believe you two. I'll make an announcement that Wilbur and both of you haven't done anything wrong. The rumors were way out of hand though, so I don't think every reasonable person will believe them. That may not be enough, though." 

"Thanks Tubbo." Tommy thanked. "We'll find a way to convince them."

"Speaking of which, do you want to come with us? We're visiting Ghostbur- that's the ghost's name." The girl invited, muttering.

"I would, but I can't. I still need to do the announcement. Maybe later, though!" The cheerful president politely declined.

"Okay, we'll be on our way now." The blond said, waving goodbye before sprinting away from the crowds, who were starting to form.

"Do you even know where we're going?" Y/n asked suspiciously, still trailing behind him.

"No, I'm just trying to get away from the crowd." Tommy informed, anxiously looking behind me every few seconds. "This is too familiar."

The girl couldn't help but feel a surge of sympathy for her friend. He already went through so much, and he was only 16. People his age should be busy doing stupid things, not this. 

"Don't worry, we'll be fine. There's no one anyone can't dislike Ghostbur once they actually meet him." She assured, taking the lead to her house. 

"I hope so." The boy muttered.

It wasn't even a minute, until a crowd found them, pointing and gawking. As the pair started panicking, trying to find an exit.

Much to their dismay, one of Jared's followers stood up and walked towards them.

Instead of pointing an accusing finger at them, she faced the angry mob.

"L'manbergians, I have an announcement...." The girl declared, pausing for dramatic affect. "The rumor about the ghost stealing our objects. Isn't. True."

Some people gasped, but the others weren't convinced.

"I've been friends with Nevaeh for a while, the one who first told me the rumor. It's very common that she spreads lies, especially about people she hated." She continued, gesturing to Tommy and Y/n, who were as confused as the crowd. 

Why is she standing up for them?

"I, Mckenna, am here to announce to you all, that Nevaeh is a jealous bitch. She's been spreading lies for a while now, and I have always worked with her. That changed today..." Again, Mckenna paused. "I saw it with my own eyes, these two come back with the items in their hands, and scratches everywhere. They worked hard to get all of your objects, risking their lives for them, really. And you repay them by believing some stuck up brat about some stupid lie? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. What happened to the respect of the early founders of this wonderful nation? The ones who helped start it when none of us were here. Who helped build this country in the early days, only for them to be betrayed by their own people. I'll tell you. Y/n and Tommy, the people who are standing right here."