╰➢ thrid year's end

Start from the beginning

"Let's go." he whispered. "Come on."

"Wait! Wait!" Hermoine exclaimed, and turned back to Lupin with concerned eyes. Aurora sighed, wasn't Hermoine supposed to be the smartest one out of them all?

"Professor?" Hermoine slowly stepped forward towards the whimpering creature. "Professor Lupin?"

He suddenly howled, and Hermoine jumped back. Aurora then stood infront of her sister in instinct, and the five of them stood huddled together at the approaching werewolf.

Snape suddenly came into view, glaring at Harry. "There you are, Potter!"

"Professor Snape, behind you!"

Snape whipped around and put his arms around the five kids, using himself as a shield. The wolf slashed him, and Aurora let out a loud scream.

Everyone tumbled to the ground with the tall beast towering over them. Suddenly, a raven flew towards them and pecked the werewolfs eyes which made it howl out in pain.

Then, a black dog jumped on it's back, nearly knocking it over. Sirus stood infront of them, growling warningly at Lupin.

Atlas, who was now back into his human form stood infront of the children and Snape. "Come on!" he said urgently. "We need to go!"

"But Sirus—"

"He can handle it!" Atlas exclaimed. "He can handle this. We need to go, no—"

He suddenly heard a scream, which made him Run back towards Sirus. The man let out a groan, looking at Severus.

"On the other hand, he can't handle it." he stated. "Bring them to the castle, now! Keep them safe!" he exclaimed, turning back into a raven and flying over to where Sirus Black was.

"Sirus—"

"Dad!" Nicole exclaimed, running after Harry to go check on her father. Snape tried to stop them but they were too stubborn, and no one listened to him.

Nicole gasped in shock when Lupin cornered large bird and started to scratch it with its claws. Sirus then bit him, which made Lupin hold him up high in the air and throw him against the rock.

Nicole was about to run towards her father, and when she was near the wolf, Harry threw a rock at him which made him face Nicole, thinking that it was her who did it.

The werewolf growled at her. Nicole started to take a few steps back, her body paralyzed in fear. He threw a hand up, and just as he was about to slash Nicole, a loud howling ringed throughout the area.

The wolf growled at Nicole one last time, before it went off towards the howling.

Nicole watched as her father transformed from a Raven to a human, and his right arm was covered in blood.

"Dad, oh no." Nicole mumbled, fumbling over her hands. "Dad, I'm taking you over to—"

"Go help Harry." Atlas croaked out, standing up while his hand limped on his side. Nicole didn't move, she couldn't just leave her dad there, but he screamed at her.

"GO!"

Nicole ran after Harry. The yelping seemed to be coming from the ground near the edge of the lake. They pelted toward it, and Harry, running flat out, felt the cold without realizing what it must mean -

The yelping stopped abruptly. As they reached the lakeshore, they saw why — Sirius had turned back into a man. He was crouched on all fours, his hands over his head.

"Nooo," he moaned. "Nooo... please..."

And then the two saw them. Dementors, at least a hundred of them, gliding in a black mass around the lake toward them. He spun around, the familiar, icy cold penetrating his insides, fog starting to obscure his vision; more were appearing out of the darkness on every side; they were encircling them.