Chapter 5

'This is my life now' Brynn wined in-between breaths.
'I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it'
Jaden smiled and held back a laugh
'Shut up. We have been hiking for fifteen minutes'
'Fifteen minutes too long' Brynn replied without a second to think
'Nothing ever pleases you does it?' Jaden asked her
'Nothing you do, no' Brynn mumbled under her breath

Making the most of their last few days in Italy Brynn, Jaden, Lucia and Sam had decided to hike the popular trail that stretched from Fira to Oia. It had promised to deliver the best views of the Aegean Sea. They were leaving Fira a couple of hours before sunset as they had been advised this was best so they could arrive in Oia just as the light started to change. Sam and Lucia had already fallen a little behind walking, talking and laughing comfortably together, which gave Brynn and Jaden lots of space to dig at each other and continue their love hate friendship witch was just how they both naturally got on with people so it suited them fine.

'I don't even know where we are going' Brynn complained
'Hell, most likely' It was Jaden's turn to mumble but Brynn heard
'Hey! Speak for yourself' she laughed
Jaden laughed back and then stopped to take a look around, he fumbled around in his pocket and pulled out a blunt.

'Thought you'd never ask' Brynn said and excitedly skipped over to him

'Well you were right' Jaden shot back. Brynn just ignored him, she knew he was joking.
'We should facetime Dylan' she suggested
'Try on your phone' Jaden lit the blunt and took a hit 'she hasn't answered me for days'
Brynn rolled her eyes and shot him a look as if to say, we both know why.

Anything that was going to be said was cut short by the sound of Sam and Lucia approaching. Their conversation upbeat and happy. Jaden offered them all a hit and they obliged, it was something the four had shared often over the last couple of weeks taking advantage of their backpacker type lifestyle while it lasted.  

When they started walking again Sam and Lucia were quick to couple off once more

'I think I smell love' Jaden whispered to Brynn pointing at the couple who were now ahead
'My condolences to them both' Brynn frowned back.
'You don't want love? Jaden laughed
'Na. at this point I want sleep'
They both laughed and agreed by giving each other a high five

****

He tried to bite my finger.  I stole it back.
'Why do you smell so good' he asked me smiling. he went in again leaving kisses along my jawline, under my chin.
'It's making me crazy' he said
'I've been stealing your aftershave' I tell him
He raised his eyebrows at me
'Sorry' I felt myself brush
'Don't feel bad' he said serious suddenly.
'You can have anything of mine anything you want it's all yours'
'Really' I asked
'Because I do love that smell'

I sat in Marcos lap, in the spa part of our pool.
'Shooting star' he pointed out
'Make a wish' I said
'I've had a rough day, honestly all I want right now is a drink, you and cuddles'
'Is that so?' I asked leaning in to kiss him.
Things were starting to get heated as the familiar sound of my phone started to ring.
'No! You can't get up!' Marco complained
'You're my prisoner' he continued before leaning in to press his mouth against mine once more. After a second i broke free with a smile.
'ill be right back, I promise'
I pulled myself from the pool and over to the outdoor setting where my phone was.
I didn't notice Marco was right behind me.  He caught a glimpse of my phone over my shoulder as I pulled down the notification bar.

1 MSG
JADEN HOSSLER
Come over.

'I don't like the way he looks at you' Marco said making me jump
I swiped away the message and shrugged.
'You have nothing to worry about' I lied
'Its not you I'm worried about Dylan' Marco put his arms around me from behind and pulled me into his chest
'It's just your ass is so amazing everyone's stares at it and I hate it' he sighed in my ear.

'I mean I'm not jealous, not at all'
Marco spun me around to face him and immediately started leading in a slow lazy waltz around the outside area.
'He just gives you that weird flirty look and I don't like it'
I leant up and slowly traced his top teeth with my tongue
'Star gazing was such a great idea Marco' I succeeded in my desperate attempt to change the subject

**** more coming very soon guys sorry I left it for over a week! thanks so much for everyone reaching out with the support too! its so encouraging . much love to you all oxo ****