chapter twenty-five

Start from the beginning

"ready to go?" jamie then asked, as he hands me my coat.

"yeah." i look to my husband, who urges me to go.

"we got him, don't worry." he assures me, as i nod pressing a kiss to his cheek before rushing out the door.

as we got in the car, jamie asked the same question as i had just explained to my family before there was a moment of silence.

"so, something happened recently."

"oh no."

"nothing bad."

"it's you, i wouldn't put anything past you."

"Eddie and i kissed."

"again?" i ask, emphasizing it a bit loud.

"yes, again."

"what? when? how?"

"so, we had a call about a women who had been living in a parking garage."

"a parking garage?"

"yes, a parking garage. can you zip it and let me tell the story?"

"i'm a detective, i'm supposed to ask questions."

"anyways, she had no place else to stay. she couldn't afford to live anywhere in the city. i suggested to eddie about letting her stay with her but she wasn't with it, which is understandable."

"so you let her stay at your place, didn't you?"

"yes, i did."

"oh, jamie, jamie, jamie."

"so anyways, eddie comes over to apologize and then sees her, and gets completely pissed. wouldn't even speak to me in squad car. after about two nights, i gave the girl's boss a call and they worked something out." he explains. "later that night, eddie comes over and explains that she got a little jealous over the fact that the girl was staying. and i told her that i had feelings for her too."

"oh shitttt!" i squeal.

"but, we decided in the past that getting together wouldn't be a good idea. we both agreed on that, so she turned around to leave and then turns back around and we kissed."

"and what happened after that?"

"she left, and said 'good talk.'"

"you're killing me jameson."

"what? why?"

"because you two are clearly in love and just throwing it away."

"are not!"

"are too!"

"we both just think that this isn't the right time to pursue anything."

"and when will the time come?"

"i don't know!" he sighed. "why are you so for me and eddie being together? you've been teasing me about it since the beginning."