2 ~ The Café

*the attached song is playing later in the story. you can play it when it's mentioned to help build ambiance if you'd like*
-

Eijirou held Denki's hand firmly as they began their trek up the stairwell. He could tell that Denki was still very unwell. He wanted to get Denki upstairs and into one of the comfy café booths as quickly as possible, but he didn't want to rush him.

Denki had said that he was fine, but he had a certain look on his face when he stood up. Eijirou recognized that look. The same look he gets after a particularly strenuous day of hero training. Eijirou knew that if Denki was making that face, it meant he was feeling dizzy. He hoped the food would help, but they had six flights of stairs to go up before they could eat.

They had made it up to the sixteenth floor, four left to go when Eijirou heard whimpering behind him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"You okay, Mina?"

"Yeah, I'm alright," Mina smiled at him, "These just weren't the best shoes for this occasion."

Eijirou looked down at her feet to see the platform shoes she was wearing. So that's why she seemed taller today.

"Then why'd you wear them, idiot?" Katsuki asked.

"I hadn't planned to walk so much, idiot ," Mina rolled her eyes at Katsuki's rudeness, "I'm not good at walking in these yet, so I wore them today to practice. Stairs are much more difficult than flat ground, however."

Denki squeezed his water bottle, it made a crinkling sound in his hand as he did, "I'm sorry."

"No, Kami, sweetie," Mina struggled to walk a bit faster, so she could get closer to him, "It's not your fault. There's nothing to apologize for. Okay?"

Denki sniffled, looking away from her, "Okay."

Mina sighed, slowing down. Then she got an idea.

"Hey, Hanta, sweetheart~"

"Oh god," Hanta looked at her with a look of dread, "What do you want?"

"What makes you think that I want something?"

"Your voice, evil witch."

"Okay, I want something. Can you carry me?"

Kyoka chuckled as Hanta's face went red.

"C-Carry you?"

"Yes, carry me."

Hanta looked her over, then looked away as he took his jacket off, "Fine, but tie this around your waist."

Mina took the jacket from him, "Why?"

"Do you see what you're wearing?" Hanta asked her.

"He doesn't want his hands going up your skirt, M." Kyoka said, gesturing to her short skirt.

Mina tied the jacket around her waist. It went lower than her skirt did, "Well, excuse me for wanting to look cute."

"You do look cute!" Hanta said, "But, ya'know, bare skin... Especially at that location..." He just really didn't feel comfortable having to firmly hold her upper thighs without a barrier of cloth.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Mina wrapped her arms around Hanta's shoulders from behind, "Lift me."

"CAN YOU EXTRAS HURRY THE HELL UP?!" Katsuki's voice boomed from somewhere higher up in the stairwell, he was already far out of sight.

"Can you wait a damn minute?!" Mina shouted back at him as Sero started carrying her up the stairs.

"Can you guys not scream at each other?" Eijirou asked before tipping his head towards Denki, who was visibly upset by the loud sounds that echoed throughout the stairwell.