3 ~ The Staircase

Denki held onto Eijirou's hand tightly as they approached the stairwell. They had to walk past the elevators on the way there and just passing them made him nervous. He began to tremble again.

Eijirou raised Denki's hand to his lips and kissed his knuckles, "It's okay, baby. I've got you." He spoke softly so only Denki could hear him.

Denki frowned, looking over at the staircase. There was a giant number 20 painted on the wall. That was how many floors they would have to walk down if they took the stairs. Walking up just a quarter of it was hard enough on all of them. Mina needed to be carried! He hated that he was making his friends do this all because he couldn't handle spending a few minutes on an elevator. He hated it.

"This is ridiculous. We can't walk all the way back down!" Denki let go of Eijirou's hand and started walking back towards the elevators, "We're taking the elevator. I'll be fine. I'm prepared for it this time. I'll be fine."

"Kami, you literally had a panic attack on the way up!" Hanta said as they followed after Denki, "You won't be fine."

"You're still shaking a bit," Kyoka said, "We'll be fine taking the stairs. We do enough endurance training that we can do it. We can handle walking, but you can't handle the elevator."

"Denki, listen to us. We just want to make sure you're okay." Mina pleaded with him.

"We'd all rather walk down some steps than watch you lose your shit again." Katsuki spoke with a tone of annoyance, but it was clear that even he was worried about what would happen if they let Denki back on the elevator.

"I'll be fine. I can handle it. This time, I know what I'm getting into. I'll be fine," Denki pushed the elevator call button, "I'll be fine." He was talking more to himself than the others.

Before the elevator doors even opened, Denki was scooped up in someone's arms and slung over their shoulder, "What the hell- Eiji! Put me down!"

"Nope, you're not getting on that elevator," Eijirou said simply as he started walking to the stairwell.

Denki kicked his legs a bit, "Put me down! Put me down!"

"Stop fighting it, you're making a scene!" Kyoka remarked.

Denki kept kicking, now even harder, "Then put me down!"

Eijirou just held him tighter, "No, I'm not letting you do that to yourself. We're taking the stairs."

The group reached the door to the stairwell and Hanta held the door open so Eijirou could carry Denki in, all while Denki still kicked and yelled.

"Eijirou, come on! Put me down!"

Eijirou shook his head, "No. If I let you down, you'll just run off. I know you. Even if I didn't, you're too exhausted to be walking down on your own anyway. You looked like you were going to pass out earlier. I'm carrying you."